North Carolina to vote on hunting...... - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Woods walker

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

North Carolina to vote on hunting......

Hunting is a ballot box issue in November elections| Latest News Videos | Fox News

NRA life member
DU member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 04:33 PM
Sage

This is nothing more than politicizing hunting and fishing. This is a dangerous move to put it on a ballot. You notice it is democrats against republicans, or vice versa. Stupid move. I suspect this is nothing more than testing the waters for the left.
Dogface and 35 whelen like this.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 05:49 PM

I do believe the "right to hunt/fish" should be in every states constitution and I HOPE AN EQUAL NUMBER OF Republicans/Democrats vote it in !

“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?” Douglas Adams
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 06:52 PM
The Man

This is a good thing. From the NRA web site:

North Carolina: Right to Hunt and Fish Amendment Passes Senate

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018...-passes-senate
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 07:15 PM
Sage

Loridr, I think you are talking about something different than the op issue. There is a difference between a ballot issue, which is what the op is about where the citizens vote at the polls on an issue and when the general assembly creates a law by voting on it and having the bill signed into law by the governor.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 08:33 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
Loridr, I think you are talking about something different than the op issue. There is a difference between a ballot issue, which is what the op is about where the citizens vote at the polls on an issue and when the general assembly creates a law by voting on it and having the bill signed into law by the governor.

Nope John, same issue. It's a proposed amendment to their constitution, proposed by Republicans and backed by the NRA. Evidently, once passed by the House and Senate, any amendment to their constitution must be voted in by the people by law.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 06:24 AM
Sage

OK, I will take your word for it, I still don't like the idea of ballot issues concerning hunting. There are less of us every year everywhere. There was a time when the NRA supported something it had a lot of influence, however since all these stupid shootings the NRA has become the enemy to some and if the NRA is for it, they will be against it. They are taking a big chance, I hope it works for them.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 06:33 AM
Sage

Mebbie a good thing in States like NC and AK, MT etc but how about CA, NY, NJ etc??? I'm with John on this...don't like. One of those win the battle with risking losing the war kinda thing.

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 11:47 AM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggy View Post
Mebbie a good thing in States like NC and AK, MT etc but how about CA, NY, NJ etc??? I'm with John on this...don't like. One of those win the battle with risking losing the war kinda thing.
states like CA NY and NJ are pretty much lost unless they suddenly develop a huge republican base. considering CA just added more gun laws. Cuomo is actively using his position to target any financial institution he can that has any connections to firearms. NJ governor is actively trying to ban bear hunting and they are actively trying to make all states around them enact the same gun laws they have. yeah it is a political stunt but stuff like this is done by both sides so they can gain or maintain control.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page