National Shooting Sports Foundations turn, SH - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Sage

National Shooting Sports Foundations turn, SH

NSSF Submits Sunday Hunting LTE in PA

August 22, 2011By nssfnewsNo Comments

15Share
inShare.
Email

The following Letter to the Editor was sent to the Express-Times (Lehigh Valley Live) concerning Sunday hunting in Pennsylvania.

Lehighvalleylive.com
30 N. Fourth St.
P.O. Box 391
Easton, PA 18044-0391

To the Editor:

I was disappointed to see that the Express-Times opposes Sunday hunting in the Keystone State (“Pennsylvania should preserve Sunday hunting ban,” August 21, 2011). This is especially troubling when one considers that most hunting in Pennsylvania occurs only from late September into early December, therefore affecting very few Sundays. In fact, depending on the game being hunted, hunting season could affect only one month of Sundays.

Families spending quality time together in the field is an American tradition that is as valid today as it was generations ago. Hunting, fishing and other forms of outdoor recreation can provide proven physical, psychological and educational benefits for our nation’s young people – given the time to participate.

An economic impact report released by a coalition of America’s leading conservation, sportsmen’s and hunting organizations including the National Shooting Sports Foundation has found that removal of Sunday hunting restrictions would result in an estimated 8,190 new Pennsylvania jobs. The report also notes that these jobs would pay more than $245 million in wages and contribute approximately $765 million in additional economic activity to the state.

Given the economic impact associated with Sunday hunting, I wonder how the local businesses in Northhampton County, many of whom derive income from hunting and advertise in the Express-Times, feel about the paper’s position. Perhaps future ad revenue will be a barometer? Of course, the ultimate measure will not be seen in dollars and cents, but in how many of today’s young people become tomorrow’s hunter-conservationists.

Sincerely,

Christopher Dolnack
Senior Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer
National Shooting Sports Foundation, Inc.

The man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic. ~Roosevelt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: National Shooting Sports Foundations turn, SH

One thing I notice in most of these types of letters is, they always emphasis the almighty dollar. When, and I understand how hard it can be in this day and age, do we stop selling out our traditions? Our uniqueness? The frequency in which we point to profitability is sickening.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Sage

His opinion won't mean diddly in this papers subscription area. Be a pretty good bet the newspaper would lose money from advertizers if they came out in support of Sunday hunting. Gaining hunting access in WMU5C can be a challenge...not impossible but a challenge. And it got significantly tougher with hunting incidents over the last 10 years or so.

#MAGA..."Mexican's Always Get Across"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 08:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahick
One thing I notice in most of these types of letters is, they always emphasis the almighty dollar. When, and I understand how hard it can be in this day and age, do we stop selling out our traditions? Our uniqueness? The frequency in which we point to profitability is sickening.

One thing I always notice is the anti SH gang is soooo concerned about seeing deer. Yet they don't think they should move off the "ole stump". Crazy
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 08:22 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freytown
One thing I always notice is the anti SH gang is soooo concerned about seeing deer. Yet they don't think they should move off the "ole stump". Crazy

If we all "moved off the ole stump" wouldn't we all be hunting the other persons deerless spot? Hmmmm....
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Quote:

If we all "moved off the ole stump" wouldn't we all be hunting the other persons deerless spot? Hmmmm....
Didn't over 300,000 deer get harvested last year??? Hmmmm.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
And you know this as fact how ? or is it just more of your smoke and mirrors to try to get what you want.

Save a wolf , take one to the taxidermist
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Didn't over 300,000 deer get harvested last year??? Hmmmm.
Yup. I never said we didnt. I also never said we dont have any deer. You said they should move off the ole stump, as if to say we dont have enough deer in certain areas and thus those hunters should move their hunting locations. I simply went with your post.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 08:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
deerless spot?
Do you ever read what you post?? I think not. LOL
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 08:38 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Quote:
deerless spot?
Do you ever read what you post?? I think not. LOL
Do you ever comprehend what others write? I think not!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page