what happens after ? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 148 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
The Man

what happens after ?

with all this debate over sunday hunting going on, i was wondering, how many people oppose sunday hunting control given to the PGC because we cant trust them?

after what they have done to seasons and start dates just to make legislators happy and to keep them from using economy as a weapon against HR.

can we realy trust them with the power of sunday hunting ?
do we want deer numbers even lower ? some do , i dont.
do we want shorter seasons to make up for it ? i dont.
what if they use sunday hunting as an exuse to shorten a season, instead of taking a certin weapon back out of it ?

for me there is just to many what if's to support this. and most i know feel the same way, and we are all explaining that in e-mails.

the GC has lost a ton of trust over the past few years.
why should we hand them this, should we give them more matches to play with, just to see if the whole house goes up ?

NRA,UBP,DU,DELTA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 148 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Sage

Re: what happens after ?

Quote:
Again, SH for deer is a VERY long ways off.

The deer numbers are controlled by the number of tags and time to use them. Tags can be adjusted to keep deer numbers where they are.

Do you remember last year when everyone said there would be an overharvest of bears with the Saturday opener? And how many hunters would be in the woods?

It didn't happen.

Ya know, back in the 70's when the bear population was trending down, they closed bear season for 3 years over the decade, in order to get a handle on the population.

The PGC is fairly conservative over history. They will be again.

PGC Commisoner Delaney said as much and State Rep Staback pretty much, in an interview, said he wants to see small game first.

What does that tell you?

I don't think deer will be included in this for 10 years from today. Not statewide, all seasons.

"It only takes one person to care in order to get something changed." Bryan S.
post #3 of 148 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Banned

Same old fears. Hasn't happened in the other 43 states...won't happen in PA either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 148 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 08:56 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter4095
with all this debate over Sunday hunting going on, i was wondering, how many people oppose Sunday hunting control given to the PGC because we cant trust them?

after what they have done to seasons and start dates just to make legislators happy and to keep them from using economy as a weapon against HR.

can we really trust them with the power of Sunday hunting ?
do we want deer numbers even lower ? some do , i don't.
do we want shorter seasons to make up for it ? i don't.
what if they use sunday hunting as an excuse to shorten a season, instead of taking a certain weapon back out of it ?

for me there is just to many what if's to support this. and most i know feel the same way, and we are all explaining that in e-mails.

the WC has lost a ton of trust over the past few years.
why should we hand them this, should we give them more matches to play with, just to see if the whole house goes up ?
I wouldn't worry about SH & deer hunting in your area--You can bet your last nickel, if there is deer hunting allowed on a Sunday, it will only be in 2A. For some unGodly reason, a few people won't be happy until 2A has less white tail psm than Iraq.

Genesis 27:3
post #5 of 148 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Sage

That is one irrational post! After all the heat the PGC has taken over HR, to even think they would now fold because of the economy make no sense what-so-ever.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #6 of 148 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter4095
with all this debate over sunday hunting going on, i was wondering, how many people oppose sunday hunting control given to the PGC because we cant trust them?

can we realy trust them with the power of sunday hunting ?
do we want shorter seasons to make up for it ? i dont.
what if they use sunday hunting as an exuse to shorten a season, instead of taking a certin weapon back out of it ?

the GC has lost a ton of trust over the past few years.
That's a lot of buckshot! Wish I would have posted it. Trust or the lack thereof is it in a nutshell. Maybe a 2nd antlered tag in the future, Sunday use only at a substantial fee of course.

I make no bones about the PGC. I don't trust them. They continually preach for more money and they aren't getting it. IMO, everything they do is finacially oriented until they get the funds they desire.

Make no mistake, their goal is funding. It's easy to catch a coon in a box trap with a big old piece of candy. How many times will hunters be trapped before they learn?

It is hard to prevent oneself from believing what one so keenly desires

post #7 of 148 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Sage

Learn what, exactly?

Some folks' learnin' curves just look like circles...3A Camp/also hunt 4B
post #8 of 148 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S
That is one irrational post! After all the heat the PGC has taken over HR, to even think they would now fold because of the economy make no sense what-so-ever.
so they didnt change the bear season because of northern teir economy ?

NRA,UBP,DU,DELTA

post #9 of 148 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Sage

The northern tier has lower unemployment rates or equal to many of the southern counties.

Ever hear of Marcellus Shale?

Tioga County has an unemployment rate just 3 tenths of a point higher than Lancaster County!

"It only takes one person to care in order to get something changed." Bryan S.
post #10 of 148 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
Quote:
Again, SH for deer is a VERY long ways off.

The deer numbers are controlled by the number of tags and time to use them. Tags can be adjusted to keep deer numbers where they are.

Do you remember last year when everyone said there would be an overharvest of bears with the Saturday opener? And how many hunters would be in the woods?

It didn't happen.

Ya know, back in the 70's when the bear population was trending down, they closed bear season for 3 years over the decade, in order to get a handle on the population.

The PGC is fairly conservative over history. They will be again.

PGC Commisoner Delaney said as much and State Rep Staback pretty much, in an interview, said he wants to see small game first.

What does that tell you?

I don't think deer will be included in this for 10 years from today. Not statewide, all seasons.

i see your points, but to think they will loose all the antlerless tag money to control herd numbers either way is crazy. and even if they opened up sundays for stocked road runners, it wont be long untill the outcry is for sunday deer,

with everyone using youths as a tool to get regs changed it wont take long for sunday deer to be on the table.

NRA,UBP,DU,DELTA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page