Sb 192 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Sb 192

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...r=0192&pn=0224

An Act amending Title 34 (Game) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in Pennsylvania Game Commission, further providing for powers and duties of commission and for accountability; and, in hunting and furtaking licenses, further providing for license costs and fees and making an editorial change.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 09:06 PM

This legislation needs to get passed and without any amendments or riders being attached to it.

Let me first say that it is the responsibility of the State Legislature to keep all of the state agencies adequately funded to meet their legislatively charged mission and responsibilities. It is their responsibility and theirs alone. No one else can do it but them. Yet in the case of the Game the State Legislature has completely failed at their responsibility and it has come to the point it is starting to have a seriously detrimental effect on our wildlife, habitat management and various hunter programs.

I think all across the state we need to launch into a campaign encouraging everyone, hunters and non-hunters alike, to let our Legislators know that we will not vote for any incumbent Senator and Representative until they pass a hunting license increase bill. I know some of them are good people but the fact is they have failed. They ALL need to be held accountable for that failure until they get the job done.

Who is with me on starting this as a statewide movement?

Dick Bodenhorn
bohunr, kudu58, Mike M. and 1 others like this.
post #3 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:34 AM

The state legislature also has failed to address the bloated and failing state pension system that will inpact everybody, not just hunters. The majority of any increase in taxes or fees goes directly to kicking the bucket down the road towards impending collapse.

The pressure should instead be put on the state legislature to address the real elephant in the room and no incumbent Senator or Representative will get a vote until they finally fix the real issue this state is facing.

Once the pension system is corrected, the increase to taxes and/or fees where go towards what it should go towards. In the case of the PGC, wildlife management, habitat management, outreach, and hunter programs. Not the elephant in the room which loves his peanuts.
oaktowntom and Uncle Johnny like this.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 09:06 PM
The Man

So when is all of this taking place? How many branches of government does it take to become law?
post #5 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 08:02 AM
The Man

The commission has totally mismanaged themselves financially and habitat wise for the past 10 years, and now they want a blank check to run the agency? I dont think so. Time to fold them into DCNR.
Curly Maple likes this.

Plenty of scouting and good habitat makes for a great hunt.

Jeff
post #6 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:53 AM

Yep I been saying it for years.
An organization that's out of control!!!!!
outofstater likes this.
post #7 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 11:38 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank1969 View Post
Yep I been saying it for years.
An organization that's out of control!!!!!
Anymore after past season experience I have to agree. I would refer to it as the Pa. Gostapo Commission! When there people can run across my property with out permission or search warrant is what the Nazi's did. If you want to walk across my land you get my permission or a warrant simple as that. I understand they are looking for something or they would not be there. My right a s a property owner as I stated permission or warrant, my dad served in ww11 to help preserve this right. I don't want to hear the intimidation they are taught either about having something to hide, its a right we gained after the Revolutionary war.
post #8 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAgain View Post
The commission has totally mismanaged themselves financially and habitat wise for the past 10 years, and now they want a blank check to run the agency? I dont think so. Time to fold them into DCNR.
I have reached the point where I am all for the Game Commission being folded into the DCNR.

Then wildlife management, and all other functions of the Game Commission, will be funded through tax dollars with the hunting license fees going to the stateís general fund account and used where ever the Legislature and Governor designate it to be used. They will no longer have a Board of Commissioners and instead a Secretary will head the agency.

I think it will be good because hunters will no longer have a voice at the Commission meetings since there will no longer be Commission meetings. They will still have a voice with their State Legislature, but they already have and use that. But, I donít figure their voice is going carry much weight since hunters are less than 8% of the population and probably even less than that of the voting pool.

The license fees will no longer be a contentious matter for hunters because once the money is going to the stateís general fund the Legislature simply isnít going to be at all concerned whether the hunters are happy about the price of the licenses and stamps or not. Iíll bet we never again see another period of even ten years, let alone, twenty year, between license increases.

Just think about how often the motor vehicle registration has increased over the past twenty years and how many time they came out and asked vehicle owners how they felt about an proposed fee increase.

Yep, I think it is time.

Hunters have come to the conclusion their best approach is to go ahead and just cut their nose off, since that would surely spite their face.

Dick Bodenhorn
post #9 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:44 PM

then the anti hunting politicians can price us right out of the woods. wonder which politicians will set the seasons and bag limits. decide what firearms can be used.

ITS A MISTAKE TO LET THE LEGISLATURE HAVE CONTROL OF THE PGC OR THE PFBC

sorry, R.S.B. i could only hit the like button one time.
stackbarrel likes this.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #10 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 05:03 AM
The Man

I'll go for it ...IF..I can get a refund.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page