Purple paint law Needed desperately in PA - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Purple paint law Needed desperately in PA

Just like in PA, texas law provides that it is a crime to enter or remain on property where notice is given not to enter. Their definition of "Notice" includes:

(2) “Notice” means:
(A) oral or written communication by the owner or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner;
(B) fencing or other enclosure obviously designed to exclude intruders or to contain livestock;
(C) a sign or signs posted on the property or at the entrance to the building, reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders, indicating that entry is forbidden;  
(D) the placement of identifying purple paint marks on trees or posts on the property, provided that the marks are:
(i) vertical lines of not less than eight inches in length and not less than one inch in width;
(ii) placed so that the bottom of the mark is not less than three feet from the ground or more than five feet from the ground;  and
(iii) placed at locations that are readily visible to any person approaching the property and no more than:
(a) 100 feet apart on forest land;  or
(b) 1,000 feet apart on land other than forest land;  or

- See more at: Texas Penal Code - PENAL § 30.05 | FindLaw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 08:15 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I like it.
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 09:56 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I have always liked it.

How well are the people who cant see orange and yellow signs going to be able to see purple? A lot of them cant feel or remember the fence they crossed so thats 2 senses down.
SRA-5C+ likes this.

Every day you see it on the news. Another felons life needlessly spared by inaccurate fire.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 08:01 PM

One of the most amazing feats of memory loss occurs every hunting season. And this is usually followed with color blindness and an overcoming sense of denial, accompanied by huge rushes of self entitlement. And followed by denial when asked about above symptoms.

Trespassing in Pa. "One of the most passed down traditions in the state". And those that deny it, ask yourself and the ones you find doing it, young and old alike where they learned it... It was taught, handed down through generations, like an old rifle...

UBP Life Member
Chasing in Special Reg's Areas
Sunday Hunting Supporter.
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 06:40 AM

I am color blind. Purple is a poor choice of color. Chartreuse or bright yellow would be seen.

I know the lands I tread on and am welcome there. Would be nice to have a universal boundary warning and be able to prosecute violators by simply getting them on camera inside the boundary if not catching them there in person.

The difference between dreamers and achievers is action.
One try is worth a thousand guesses.
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 10:22 AM
The Man

I think here in Md. blue is for no trespassing. White means its okay but you still need written permission.
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 06:00 PM
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofstater View Post
I think here in Md. blue is for no trespassing. White means its okay but you still need written permission.
Maryland law allows the use of blue paint stripes and/or signs to indicate private property boundaries. Vertical paint marks at least two inches in width and eight inches in length must be centered at least three feet, but no more than 6 feet, from the ground or water surface. The paint must be oil-based and bright blue.

Yellow paint stripes mark State land.

I've never heard of White paint stripes meaning hunting allowed by permission. Doesn't mean it's not true!

Pop-Pop, Step-Dad, Drill Sergeant (in that order)
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 06:25 PM
New Arrival

I would simply like to see a law that requires land owners to include at least a signed last name on NO TRESPASSING signs...just gets rid of the mystery of who owns or thinks they own the land.
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 07:55 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtncycler View Post
I would simply like to see a law that requires land owners to include at least a signed last name on NO TRESPASSING signs...just gets rid of the mystery of who owns or thinks they own the land.
Then require written permission. That way you would know whos property you are on,
pappybear and Kip Feroce like this.

Every day you see it on the news. Another felons life needlessly spared by inaccurate fire.

post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtncycler View Post

Why is that? It is your job to know where you are not the landowners job. There is no such law that requires signage to be singed, nor is there no such law that requires property to be posted. That is Pa lore, nothing more. And I totally disagree with last named posted. With private property comes certain aspects of private.

UBP Life Member
Chasing in Special Reg's Areas
Sunday Hunting Supporter.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page