Bill to Legalize Airbows
HCO2863 By Gergely. Legalizes the airbow for game hunting in PA.
* February 23, 2016 03:38 PM
* Rep. Marc Gergely
* LEGISLATION TO LEGALIZE THE AIRBOW FOR GAME HUNTING IN PENNSYLVANIA
* In the near future, I will introduce legislation aimed to increase
* participation and opportunities for hunters in the Commonwealth.
* Specifically, my bill will legalize the airbow for game hunting in
* Pennsylvania. The airbow is a device that fires an arrow at remarkable
* speeds and precision from a shoulder-braced, rifle-shaped stock and
* barrel, using compressed air as a propellant. This is a new technology
* that allows for safe and easy firing of an arrow with unmatched speed,
* accuracy, and stopping power. Furthermore, throughout the nation, the
* airbow is gaining significant popularity due to its combination of the
* familiar rifle experience with that of archery. Without a doubt,
* airbows will play a big part in the future of hunting.
* This legislation will legalize the use of these devices throughout the
* state, under the regulation of the PA Game Commission. I recognize that
* it would be unreasonable to legalize the airbow during archery season
* considering that it is significantly more advanced and has greater
* fire-power than current compound bows and crossbows. Thus, this bill
* intends to permit the use of an airbow during firearm seasons, only.
* Given the increasing popularity of airbows and their effectiveness,
* this bill will place Pennsylvania at the forefront in actualizing its
* potential for expanding hunting opportunities and for promoting needed
* growth in the sport.
* My legislation will allow for the regulated use of these fun, safe,
* and efficient devices.
Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!