LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 12:59 PM
JGR

Re: HB 344 Semi autos

HB344 sent me to the public land tax hike bill.
Did you mean one of these?

No.263 Session of 2015
-
INTRODUCED BY GABLER, CAUSER, METZGAR, MULLERY AND KORTZ, FEBRUARY-2,-2015
-
REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON GAME AND FISHERIES, FEBRUARY-2,-2015
-
AN ACT
Amending Title 34 (Game) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, further providing for unlawful devices and methods. The General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania hereby enacts as follows:
Section 1. Section 2308(a)(5) of Title 34 of the
Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes is repealed:
2308. Unlawful devices and methods.
(a) General rule.--Except as otherwise provided in this title, it is unlawful for any person to hunt or aid, abet, assist or conspire to hunt any game or wildlife through the use of:
(5) Any device operated by air, chemical or gas
cylinder by which a projectile of any size or kind can be discharged or propelled.]
Section 2. This act shall take effect in 60 days.

HOUSE BILL No.366. Session of 2015

INTRODUCED BY SACCONE, KRIEGER, DIAMOND, MUSTIO, JAMES, assistAN, MULLERY, A.-HARRIS, M.-K.-KELLER, MARSHALL, SCHEMEL, DUSH, GABLER, GROVE AND METCALFE, FEBRUARY-9,-2015
-
REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON GAME AND FISHERIES, FEBRUARY-9,-2015
-
AN ACT
Amending Title 34 (Game) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in hunting and furtaking, further providing for unlawful devices and methods.
The General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania hereby enacts as follows:
Section 1. Section 2308(a)(2) and (3) of Title 34 of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes are amended to read:
2308. Unlawful devices and methods.
(a) General rule.--Except as otherwise provided in this title, it is unlawful for any person to hunt or aid, abet, assist or conspire to hunt any game or wildlife through the use of:
(2) A semiautomatic [rifle or] pistol. (3) [(Reserved).] A semiautomatic centerfire rifle,-unless the semiautomatic centerfire rifle is limited to a-five-shell capacity, not including the rifle's chamber. This-paragraph includes a semiautomatic rimfire rifle in .22
caliber without an ammunition capacity limit.
Section 2. This act shall take effect in 60 days.

Or HB223 which has been discussed on here already?

JR
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 02:43 PM

Fully support both.

The first repeals the language prohibiting air rifles for hunting. The PGC would regulate it.

The second allows semi auto centerfire, with a mag capacity of no more than five and allow semi auto rimfire with no capacity limit.

I talked quite a bit recently with some reps about the language In the second bill. It was much different than it is now and a great improvement from a earlier version.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 11:34 PM
Sage

Problem

The Wolf - required for the final signature making it law.

Hate to be the wet blanket, but don't expect anything gun wise, unless it is to reduce our rights and opportunities to pass across his desk signed and approved.

Is your position a short term gain - or a long term loss? Separate the issues.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 09:52 AM

I would assume the legislators know that Wolf is a road block, so the question becomes why is this going through now and not the previous 4 years when the sitting governor would have signed it? I know it was brought up during Corbett's term and I would think they could have passed it then.

Do the Rs want to make Wolf look bad among hunters?

Make the supporting legislators look better to hunters?

Just create political division?

Or by some chance do the legislators actually think it's time to bring the hunting laws and regulations up to the times?

And I will be shocked if Wolf would actually sign this bill.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 11:33 AM

Would be interesting to see if he would sign these bills. Air rifles, I have no doubt he would. Semi autos for hunting, I think he would as well because of the magazine restrictions.

The end game is Wolf, but that is no reason to not let your thoughts be known if you support these bills. It is great to seem these bills floated so early in the session. There seems to be building momentum for this change to bring us in line with most other states.

My representative has signed on as a sponsor and I am very encouraged that Sonney, changed the language after hearing input from some of us who fully support this legislation.

Bring these bills to his desk. That is farther than other bills have gotten in the past. The air rifle bill would get signed.

It is an interesting discussion because some hunters on this board who are firm Dems made a case for Wolf as a strong supporter of hunting and the second amendment. We shall see.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 10:58 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

There has been a change of leadership in the legislature. The last speaker a Republican from Mont. co. would not bring pro gun bills up for a vote. Now the Republican leadership is from a more gun friendly co. don't remember which one. That is the reason for the change.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Close Enough! At least in the right country and state now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetick
Problem

The Wolf - required for the final signature making it law.

Shoot straight

People are sick of politicians, and me, I hate cats in the house.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page