TNR cats spread disease to deer - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

TNR cats spread disease to deer

TNR cats spread disease to deer. Soon a medium deer steak will be a thing of the past.
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index..._than_hal.html

Yet our PGC refuses to cite TNR programs. Despite being against the law they turn a blind eye, why? Whose interests do they serve? Us or public opinion?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 12:36 PM
RIZ
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: TNR cats spread disease to deer

Gee, I thought LE were supposed to enforce all laws.

RIZ
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 01:27 PM
Sage

BOC was cowed into submission by dozens of yammerin' cat ladies that showed up at a meeting and protested a potential PGC crackdown on feral cats per existing laws on feral cats.

And that was that. Anyone that pays attention, knows that free roaming house cats, ferals or otherwise, adversely impact bird and small game populations.

Not one agency will respond to complaints about someone attracting large numbers of feral cats by feeding them and thereby causing numerous problems in a neighborhood.

Shoot one that's killing birds, baby rabbits, tearing up your flower beds and a dozen other issues caused by free roaming cats and suddenly every LE agency in your area will show up to issue citations for "cruelty to animals" and a dozen other infractions.

What a country!

Some folks' learnin' curves just look like circles...3A Camp/also hunt 4B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 01:49 PM
Sage

I doubt that the Board was cowed into submission by dozens of anything... I do believe the Board was cowed into submission by politicians who are cowed by millions of dollars going to or at least, the threat of millions of dollars going to the coffers of rival campaigns. It's what keeps the HSUS et al. in business.

wmu 3A
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 02:06 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

when I moved to where I'm at now, one guy up the road had over 40 cats that he feeds cause they are gods creatures....that needs to be taken care of after people use our small off the beaten path road to dump them on....get a warm breeze in summer from his direction and we have to close our windows ....but we really have to thank a neighbor who thinks there stuff don't stink and his wife told this guy that I have been killing his gods creatures, when it is her husband baiting the cats outside his kitchen window with left over dinner scraps while his wife is at work....now he has 90% of them locked up in a second house on his property....one day when I was at a local store the cat guy was there as well, I walked past him and his car and I almost passed out from the cat stink....cats should be kept inside if you care bout them, I have never let any of our cats outside to run free ....

exocet w/STS, ground pounder
boo string and trigger
2117 w/ blazer vanes and brass inserts
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Hopefully everyone on this board will call their State Reps and demand the PGC do its job!
I for one depend on venison for healthy red meat, and having to cook it well done to keep from going crazy does not make me happy. And we need the TNR people stopped. They don't pay the PGC's salaries we do.
Enforce all laws, what a joke. They don't speed in those green vehicles either.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 03:02 PM
Sage

The demand needs to include all LE.

The bigger problem is the rabies law violations. Cats are the 2nd or third largest vector for rabies in the state, yet the Department of Ag turns a blind eye to this.

Is your position a short term gain - or a long term loss? Separate the issues.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 07:33 PM
Sage

What doesn't AG turn a blind eye to? CWD in captive deer/elk herds, feral swine running around loose in PA.

Too busy drawing bullseyes on the owners of hunting dogs and creating ridiculous regs for them a few years ago, to notice much of anything else.

Some folks' learnin' curves just look like circles...3A Camp/also hunt 4B

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page