Officer and BOD Elections: Branch Valley, Perkasie - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Officer and BOD Elections: Branch Valley, Perkasie

I am writing to the members of the Branch Valley Fish, Game and Forestry Association who may also be members of this board. I am seeking your vote in the upcoming board of director’s election which will be held in December. I am running against the current chairman of the outdoor range committee.

I am seeking this position due to the new rules that have been implemented by the board and officers of the club that include firearms cannot be loaded with more than ten rounds and there must be at least one second between shots. I am opposed to these rule changes because I cannot believe that an NRA affiliated club would impose range rules which contain the parts of the worst gun control law that our great country has ever been subjected to, the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, otherwise known as the Federal Assault Weapons Ban (AWB). I am tired of the conscientious and safe members of the club being punished for the negligence or ignorance of others. More importantly, I am opposed to the way these rules were implemented. These rules changes were not communicated to the membership at large and were implemented with no input from the members.

It appears that our current leadership has held their positions too long and is no longer running the club for the benefit of the general members. The board of directors and officers at Branch Valley seem to have forgotten that their position in our organization is to serve all the members of the club and not just those that share their individual interests in the shooting sports. By enacting the current rules, it appears that the current leadership believes that the members of this club are not capable of safely using firearms and that our intent is to destroy club property while using the club facilities.

I have been an avid shooter and hunter for the last 21 years. I am a life member of the NRA and have been an NRA certified instructor for the last 15 years. I am certified to teach home firearms safety, basic pistol and personal protection inside the home. I have taught between two and five courses per year since I have been certified. I have competed in IDPA and GSSF matches as well as a few local NRA High Power Rifle and bullseye pistol matches. I hunt just about every big and small game species that is legal to hunt here in Pennsylvania with almost all means of equipment including archery, centerfire rifle and pistol, and flintlock for big game and shotgun, and rimfire rifle and pistol for small game. I have also hunted in Maine and South Carolina and I am a lifelong fisherman.

If elected to the board, I will do my best to ensure that the interests of all members are represented when leadership decisions are made. I believe I can do this because, unlike our current leadership, I use all the club facilities and participate in all the disciplines that are available to club members.

I do realize that I will not be able to turn the club around single handedly. If there are other members out there that feel the same way I do, please consider coming to the membership meeting this Tuesday, November 3rd at 7:30 PM and nominating others to run against the current leadership. You may nominate yourself for a position. All nominations are closed after the November meeting is concluded. Also, please attend the December membership meeting and encourage as many others that you know to attend and vote for me and others running against the incumbent leadership. As of right now, I am the only person nominated to run for any board member or officer position.

I would be happy to discuss any thoughts or concerns in this thread or via PM. I look forward to meeting you and thank you for your support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Re: Officer and BOD Elections: Branch Valley, Perkasie

I just returned from the membership meeting. There were no other nominations to run against the incumbent officers or board members.

Please note since the first Tuesday in December falls on the second day of buck season, the December meeting has been moved to December 8th. Please come out and vote.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page