Community Conservation Mixer in NEPA - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Community Conservation Mixer in NEPA

Saturday, March 8, NEPA Pheasant's Forever is hosting a community mixer in Dallas, PA, bringing together various conservation groups such as NWTF, RGS, PF, DU, QDMA, TU, PA Trappers, PGC, PFBC, etc!! This is open to individuals as well as groups and will give the public an opportunity to see and hear the various habitat projects that our groups are working on. It is also facilitating partnerships between the groups by combining our funds and manpower will have a much larger impact on habitat. Check it out and we hope to see you there!! Here's a link to the PF site.

http://www.nepapf.org/nepapheasantsforever.html

In an age of universal lies, speaking the truth is a revolutionary act - George Orwell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 05:03 PM
RB
Sage

Re: Community Conservation Mixer in NEPA

THIS IS AN INCREDIBLE IDEA...KUDOS TO WHOMEVER THOUGHT OF IT!!!!

Seems like at times these groups compete AGAINST one another with no cross-use of resources ,etc... it always frustrated me when i was neck deep in these groups.

Awesome idea...I still struggle with the fact that all these groups are species specific, the most beneficial projects I ever worked on were how to make the land better...period , the critters will choose which ones they like. Let the project fit the land and they will come....WHo will show up? The ones that likely should be living there to begin with.

AWESOME EVENT I wish i was closer to NE PA to take it in firsthand. One of the Best posts/ideas I have seen from a group in some time. Two thumbs up from me!!

Gotta tell ya stack, your QDMA and PF branches out that way are both setting the bar in my book.

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

RB, can you say "ROAD TRIP"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???

In an age of universal lies, speaking the truth is a revolutionary act - George Orwell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

BTW, from first hand knowledge, RGS and NWTF are both kickin' it up here too!!

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 12:22 PM
RB
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stackbarrel
BTW, from first hand knowledge, RGS and NWTF are both kickin' it up here too!!
Yes I bet they are, they are two big players here in the ANF region as well. I am a memeber of all of them still, RGS, NWTF, DU, QDMA, PF, RGS and RMEF....and locally they seem to all have their peaks and valleys of activity and success, I wonder if one big group would smooth out those valleys or make it all valley with no peaks?? Anyway Kudos!

If riding on PA roads right now was not like driving on the surface of the moon you may convince me on roadtrip, but I hate making the 20 minute drive to work right now. Think I knocked fillings loose this morning...

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

I don't think I'd want a giant organization overseeing everything. I much prefer the separate groups working together. I'm not a fan of national governing bodies controlling everything.Then things get watered down. Keep groups focused and specific and let the biologists do their job with us doing the work and lending support where needed. Just my take on it.

BTW, if it didn't get warm this week the roads would be good. Now the snow melted out of the potholes!!

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

1 week to go until the mixer!! As of last weekend there are 98 people signed up to attend. All paid for and registered!! Gonna be a great evening!!

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 12:57 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Wish I could make it.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

As of yesterday there are over 130 preregistered to attend!!

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

This was a very successful event!! There were almost 150 in attendance!! The food was wonderful, the displays were very informative, the auctions raised funds for the donating groups and some networking was accomplished. Looking forward to the meetings in the future. There are some cooperative projects on the horizon!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page