Looking for S. Jersey Boat ramps - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2020, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Looking for S. Jersey Boat ramps

So I have a new boat on order. Supposed to be finished 5/18 I imagine I'll take possession 6/1 or close to it. I normally fish Delaware bay on the DE side. Delaware has really nice ramps and usually plenty of parking which is why I like it. DE now says I can't even be in their waters on my own boat unless I have been in the State for 14 consecutive days...... below is from DNREC website.

Quote:
People entering Delaware from out of state must immediately self-quarantine for 14 days before engaging in boating activities or using state of Delaware boat ramp facilities.
So I guess I'll be fishing the NJ side of the bay and ocean this year.
So unless that changes I'm SOL and wasted by boat license (Wonder if they will give me a refund LOL)

Any southern NJ ramps that have a membership or aren't so crowded that if I am not at the ramp by 6:15 am (leave my house by 4am YUCK!) I can still find a parking space?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2020, 04:51 PM

How do you/they prove you've been there for 14 days prior to fishing?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2020, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter8319 View Post
How do you/they prove you've been there for 14 days prior to fishing?

Well the fact that I drove the boat to the ramp and I have PA tags is probably enough for them to give me a really hard time if they wanted. If I boated down river or across the bay into DE waters I'm not sure there would be anyone to stop that.

I suppose I could put in at Fortescue. Prevailing winds makes the green heads at low tide unbearable though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 07:06 PM

I live very near the border and pardon the pun ...I'm in the same boat. DE seems to be lighting up quickly on enforcing the out of state ban. My bank and most the stores we shop are in DE. For a couple weeks now I have not seen the DE troopers at the border stopping us filthy PA residents from entering their state. Last week we were in DE and I had a trooper behind me and he didn't give us a second look. Cracks me up because I see a ton of DE tags in PA and thats OK. I have not used a boat ramp there yet but I'm going to soon. Give the DCNR a call about getting your money back. I will to.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page