Tuna&Marlin - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By bobcat1

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Tuna&Marlin

Know any charters in MD ? So many, not sure who to go with. For my Daughter and I. Anyone gone?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 08:35 AM
Frequent Contributor

The only one I know of down in MD is the Restless Lady who I believe is out of Ocean City. While I’ve never fished with them they are tied in with Canyon Runner who is one of the best tuna charters in NJ. They share information and are out pretty much everyday during the summer which gives them good info on where the fish are.

Based on our season this year the tuna fishing was best in May through July while the white marlin fishing was insane the last week of August into September. The fall tuna chunk bite never materialized so if your gonna go I would go in the early summer unless you are specifically targeting white marlin.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. Would like marlin to be priority. Chance to get tuna during that time?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 07:19 AM
Frequent Contributor

Out there pretty much anything is possible but lately the tuna bite is hot early and typically dies off by the time Marin picks up. I’m normally fishing the northern canyons so the southern ones might have a bit of overlap in late July/early August. In the tournaments it is not unheard of for a boat trolling for marlin to get covered up in tuna.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

I appreciate the information. I am thinking about going with Ocean City Girl. They took the time to answer my questions. Some of the other ones wanted me off the phone. It was like I was bothering them. First time doing an ocean Charter.
bigguy54 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page