Striper fishing Raystown - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Striper fishing Raystown

I was wondering if anyone has hit it yet this year and how it's doing. We have a guide booked for May 1st up there. I've never fished it before but heard April/May are good months so I figured what better day than the Sunday of turkey opener.

<span style="color: yellow">Trying to understand women is like trying to smell the color nine. -Ferrell</span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 09:05 AM

Re: Striper fishing Raystown

Who did you book with?I was over yesterday and Fished for crappy for a couple hours and then got some shad and fished for striper for the hour and a half till dark.The striper where blowing up all over.The upper end of the lake is full of fish right now.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

I can't remember the guys name but some friends went last year later in the season with him and had a great time. I mentioned his name to a few people last year and they all said he was the best on the lake (but you know how that goes). I'm excited to hear that they're on fire though!!

<span style="color: yellow">Trying to understand women is like trying to smell the color nine. -Ferrell</span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 12:56 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Was it Lunker Guide service?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Yep, that's it. Going out with them this Sunday.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 10:00 AM
Frequent Contributor

Fished the lake all last week. No stripers were taken but, reports were they were being caught. Did take several nice lake trout,one on live bait while striper fishing and two on trolling rigs.

No crappie to speak of yet,surface water temp still too cold 58-59 degrees. Did take a couple of small ones in Aitch Bay.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Ended up not being able to go due to heavy rain so we rescheduled for June 5th. Not sure what the striper bite is like then but hopefully we catch a few.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearklr
Ended up not being able to go due to heavy rain so we rescheduled for June 5th. Not sure what the striper bite is like then but hopefully we catch a few.
sounds like you picked a great Guide! Didn't take you on a Boat Ride. I booked with him last for myself and young Daughter, Called me when the weather turned bad and canceled the trip. great Guy. Others might have taken you out for the money only and no fish.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Yeah, I've heard nothing but good things about him. He said the day prior the bite shut off and they got skunked. He told us with a slow bite and rain he figured it best to reschedule. He seems like the real deal for sure.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page