Judith M, Ocean City MD - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Judith M, Ocean City MD

http://www.judithmfishing.com/

Anyone ever fish this boat?

If so, comments?

Wife and I are heading to Ocean City in 2 weeks and were planning on trying this boat out if it is Worth it. We used to fish off the Ocean City Princess but that has been gone for some years now!!

What about a Good place to clam? Not 1 of those Flats that everyone and their Brother drags rakes over every day of the week! 1 that is like a finger off the bay and you use your hands while crawling in knee deep water (if you never tried this, you HAVE TOO!!! You get more clams then with a Rake!!) and can be gotten to from parking off a side road?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 01:47 PM
Regular Visitor

Re: Judith M, Ocean City MD

I can recommend the Morningstar. Captain Monty can find the fish and the mates work hard to make your trip enjoyable. I took 3 trips with them this summer and caught sea bass 1 day and flounder the other 2 trips.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

I'm not into paying that much for a party boat trip!

Paying the amount they want, they better well Guarantee everyone on the boat to catch 1 each yellow fin tuna, and every other fish that can be caught in the waters of Maryland!

$110-$125 per person is a bit salty for a party boat!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 09:52 PM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodywoodduck
I'm not into paying that much for a party boat trip!

Paying the amount they want, they better well Guarantee everyone on the boat to catch 1 each yellow fin tuna, and every other fish that can be caught in the waters of Maryland!

$110-$125 per person is a bit salty for a party boat!!

Guarantee!! lol Ha,ha,ha you apparently haven't fished too much on charters!!

Kiddin aside I see The Morningstar only takes 25 fisherman(max) vs 75-100 as on some large "party" boatsand trip is for a full day. To me it would be worth it.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 12:40 PM
Regular Visitor

I can offer input with the clams. up to about 10 years ago we used to stay bayfront at 11th street until they tore down the rentals and put condos in. The street is a dead end at the bay and we used to place a 6 foot step ladder into the water against the bulkhead to enter the water (totally public). The sand is more compact than usual and you will need a clam rake. Its about 3 to 4 feet at low tide and we used to do fantastic there. I would bet my shirt that it is still loaded because we did this for 20 years and always had success. and whenever we tried to get other vacationers to do it they were to scared to get into the water......go figure.

Another option would be to go to eagles nest campground and rent a 16' boat and look for flats along the back side of Assateague Island.(we did that back in the early 80's with success).
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 03:42 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I took my son on the Judith M and wasn't impressed. Caught some tiny sea bass but that was it. As far as clamming goes we went year after year to the same spot. If you leave out of the Bahia Marina there's a sand flat that is a few inches deep at low tide. We had no problem filling cooler after cooler there just using our feet. If I were you I'd save the 200+ dollars on the Judith M and rent a pontoon for the day. I'd flounder fish the channels in the am and clam in the afternoon. The flat is to your left as you leave out of the marina heading to the main channel. There will be condos on your right and a small grass island to your left just before the channel. Head towards that at low tide and start walking. I know you said you don't want a place that everyone and their brother goes but I have only seen a few people there and we have never gone there and not caught more than enough. You'll be hard pressed to find smaller ones no matter where you go.

<span style="color: yellow">Trying to understand women is like trying to smell the color nine. -Ferrell</span>
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the input. I been watching the fishing reports for the past week & they do not look good! If things do not change, We will not be going out on a boat!

We are heading down to Chincoteague for a day, we might fish the bay down there.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2015, 11:42 AM
Frequent Contributor

I'd recommend the OC princess over Judith m. Newer faster boat doesn't have the extra 25 minute ride back to Bahia marina. Morning star is a good boat but does all day trips not half day trips

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page