looking for fishing partners Indian River DE - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2014, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

looking for fishing partners Indian River DE

For several years I was fortunate to have to have a core group of regulars who fished with me. Unfortunately an untimely death of one partner, a difficult economy, and major life changes for some of my regulars have now made it difficult for me to put a crew together on a regular basis.

I am looking to meet a few new guys who would be interested in fishing on a regular basis. I fish most weekends from spring until hunting season starts......somewhat less frequently during hunting season. I also fish at least one day mid-week any time there is good mid shore fishing(shark, tuna, mahi, etc).

I primarily fish inshore on weekends and limit my offshore trips to weekdays.........boat traffic really hurts the fishing. I do everything from sea bass and flatties to tuna. My boat is small so weather is a huge factor......I'd say I do about 75-80 percent inshore and the balance offshore. I have been very successful at both over the years and tend to put excellent catches together for those who fish with me............that being said it's called fishing not catching and sometimes we all take our lumps.

A bit about myself.......soon to be 36 married with a six year old son. I am very laid back.........except when it comes to finding fish...in that regard I'm pretty aggressive. I like to have a few beers after a day on the water, but not when fishing. I am out there to catch not for a booze cruise. My father has operated a charter boat full time for 25 plus years and I have fished full time in the past.............these days my full time job is as an account manager for a company which provides logistics services.........While I do hold a USCG license do not expect charter captain service from me.........I break my azz and my brain most of the week so these days when I go fishing I don't want it to be a job. I am just looking for guys to share some time on the water with. I am just as happy to learn from others as I am to teach novices. I really want to put together a semi regular crew of folks who will become a team and share not only in the work and cost, but also in our success.

This offer is open to anyone regardless of experience/skill level, age, gender, race, etc. I only ask that you leave your politics and religion at the dock.........don't care what they are, just don't want to hear about it all day In their place, please bring a positive attitude and a willingness to work as a team. Please don't hop off the boat at the end of the day and roll leaving me with a dirty boat and gear to pack up and maintain. Ideally I would like folks who could help with expenses......but I don't want to exclude someone over money. I'm pretty good at catching fish, but most chimps are more mechanically inclined than me.................I would consider help with maintenance etc in place of covering a share of expenses.

If anyone is interested, please let me know......really looking forward to fishing with some new people this season.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 02:17 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: looking for fishing partners Indian River DE

Amazing gesture and great writeup! Grew up fishing and crabbing out of Shorty's Marina on the Indian River near Oak Orchard. My uncle had a pier just down from there. Brings back awesome childhood memories everytime that place is mentioned! Wish I didn't work weekends so I could join you. Good fishin'
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

big28hunter,

Not sure what your schedule is, but I fish week days too. Although I want a core group of regulars.....I realize not everyone is in a postion to go every week.........I am happy to take people who can only make it once or twice per year also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 01:51 PM
Regular Visitor

Jim-PM sent
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 01:59 PM
The Man

Are you down here now??? I'm staying at Dewey Beach all week until July 5th. Been out of Indian River on overnight shark fishing before with Capt Billy Verbanas before he was killed. Would love to go out.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Kudu,

This post was mostly spurred by the fact the weather is beautiful and I'm sitting at home in Oxford with no crew....

I will be back down the evening of 7/3. Fishing 7/4-7-6. May come down one day mid week also. Will send you my number.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 07:12 AM
Part of the Community

pm sent

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page