Delaware Striper fishing. - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Send a message via AIM to OIF: 09-11
Delaware Striper fishing.

My buddy and I want to hit up the Delaware for Stripers. We have a boat. Where do you guys recommend? We both live in the Scranton area. Thanks for any and all info!

OIF 09-11 Task Force Raven. Scouts Out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 08:57 PM

Re: Delaware Striper fishing.

What kinda boat. Linden Ave has ramp. Have a few options to fish there. Fishing not close to as good as in past when you could use the herring. Depending on ur boat it may be better to run outta Shark river. Not muchfurther and the ocean is good .
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 02:49 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Linden ave ramp is garbage....try launching Neshaminy state park...just remember its tide water...so you want to learn your tides....how long is your boat....I run my duck boat in that area....if you don t want to run that south...try lauching in the easton area and hitting the river north...stripers travel that area..but south is better....the current is sometimes tough....but you can get out of it and fish the rips...Rusty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 04:19 PM

i think the actual ramp is fine except no dock... easy set up to launch and ample parking.. there is good fishing north and south of it... better fishing than the Neshaminy area in my opinion... if you want a nice ramp Penn Quaker park has one Falls township Pa... can run up to trenton from there and down to Burling bristol Bridge no problem witha 50HP moter or bigger may take a bit with somthing smaller .. i think garbage is a bit harsh... Although the neshaminy ramp has a dock and lots of dock space.. also you wont run outta ramp their. At penn Quaker park you could run outta ramp for 40 min at low tide... that wont happen at neshaminy..
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 04:21 PM

if your boat is large enough hit the ocean when the fish are feeding on the bunker.. have excellent shot at some 15-20lb blues also...
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 04:38 PM

If you’re looking for a nice ramp to access the Delaware River from Philly try the Pa Boat& Fish on State road down by the old Arsenal.
They fish stripers just north of there at the T/P Bridge and further up off the Pennypack creek. The boat facilities are good, the ramp can handle 6 boats at once with long floating docks to tie up to while you park or retrieve your trailer. There is well defined parking for trailers.
There is also a PaF&B employee that watches over activities so you don’t have the drunken fights over who was there first like Linden Ave.
The ramp opens at 5 AM and closes at 22:00.

My ability to remember lyrics from songs of the 60's far exceed my ability to remember why I walked into the kitchen
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Send a message via AIM to OIF: 09-11

Thanks for all the info! It's my buddies boat. I'll get the info from him and post up. If anyone is looking for a partner, I am always happy to provide gas money and join. Lmk

OIF 09-11 Task Force Raven. Scouts Out.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 09:44 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Ruger harsh? Its a dump...ive seen needles and everything else in that parking lot..my buddy had his truck broken into...also...its not safe and i would nt leave my truck and trailer there....
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honkers51
Ruger harsh? Its a dump...ive seen needles and everything else in that parking lot..my buddy had his truck broken into...also...its not safe and i would nt leave my truck and trailer there....
I see what ur saying. Guess I was just focused on the ramp condition and parking. As for the other stuff I cant argue. It just gives good fishing just north and south of there.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 02:20 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

If I were you I would launch at the ramp below trenton n.j.run upstream to the bridges and fish cutbaits, bloodworms, clam or throw plugs.one word of advice make sure you fish the bridges at high tide.keep an eye on the tide running out.its some nasty water at low tide.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page