Black Bear Outfitters in Maine, Quebec, or Ontario - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Black Bear Outfitters in Maine, Quebec, or Ontario

Me and a buddy are talking about booking a trip for Black Bears next year with our bows. I am looking for Outfitters you recommend and ones you don't. We would like to stay under $1200 and were thinking of Maine , Quebec, or Ontario as possibilities. We would also consider anywhere else within a days drive.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Black Bear Outfitters in Maine, Quebec, or Ontario

I highly recommend Turnpike Ridge Outfitters located in both Maine and Quebec. I know theres a few other guys on here who have hunted with them as well.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Right around that price range, just over the line from Maine, go to New Brunswick, Canada - Big Paw Outfitters! I have only gone on 1 paid hunt and this was it. I have recommended to many people and they have all sent me emails thanking me for the advice. The staff is awesome, the lodging is awesome, can't think of one thing to complain about!

7 hunters in camp, all saw multiple bears, all tagged out. You can also pay a little extra to fish the Miramichi - outstanding fishing. Plus, you can grouse hunt. You don't get up early, can go grouse hunting or fishing during the day, come back for lunch, then hunt for bear till dark! I have been saving to go back up. Kevin and his staff is outstanding and all they want to do is make sure you hunt is successful. Not only by taking a bear, but the entire trip is fun, telling stories, feels like an PA hunting camp I was in - true joy!

The biggest bear taken that week was well over 400 lbs with a bow the first night.

http://www.bigpawoutfitters.com/

Tell Kevin Chris Carr sent you. We went back in 2008 and we still are in touch - great guy!

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

That is funny you said that I was just looking at their website!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

If you go there, you won't be sorry. I researched bear outfitters for 2 years before we actually went. I must have called 8-10 references, they all said the same thing, outstanding time, and were going back again, some had been there several times.

Make sure you tell him I referred you. I don't get anything out of it, but like to do if for Kevin b/c he is a solid dude.

Good luck, let me know how you make out.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

I'll do that. They will definately be on the short list and getting a call from us. Thanks!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by brd1016
I'll do that. They will definately be on the short list and getting a call from us. Thanks!
No problem, PM'd you my info if you have any questions, feel free to call me.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 01:10 AM
Frequent Contributor

http://www.allagashhunting.com/index...and-recreation

Give Wade Kelly a call, I know you will not be disappointed.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 01:33 AM
The Man

X2 This is the place to go. I hunted ME a few times and this trip is way better. Can give you more references if needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Carr316
Right around that price range, just over the line from Maine, go to New Brunswick, Canada - Big Paw Outfitters! I have only gone on 1 paid hunt and this was it. I have recommended to many people and they have all sent me emails thanking me for the advice. The staff is awesome, the lodging is awesome, can't think of one thing to complain about!

7 hunters in camp, all saw multiple bears, all tagged out. You can also pay a little extra to fish the Miramichi - outstanding fishing. Plus, you can grouse hunt. You don't get up early, can go grouse hunting or fishing during the day, come back for lunch, then hunt for bear till dark! I have been saving to go back up. Kevin and his staff is outstanding and all they want to do is make sure you hunt is successful. Not only by taking a bear, but the entire trip is fun, telling stories, feels like an PA hunting camp I was in - true joy!

The biggest bear taken that week was well over 400 lbs with a bow the first night.

http://www.bigpawoutfitters.com/

Tell Kevin Chris Carr sent you. We went back in 2008 and we still are in touch - great guy!

Good luck.

Your spot I NEVER go back
My spot I expect the same
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 01:34 AM
New Arrival

try sending a message to beadoo, he should be back from ontario in a couple of weeks, he can hook you up with some great bears, we hunt in kirkland land ontario area, he have pictures of couple of bears we took past few years

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page