Relocated to Colorado - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
PHA
Frequent Contributor

Relocated to Colorado

Just wanted to pass along that Julie and I moved to Colorado last week. We are pretty much settled in and taking care of business. We kept the same phone number and email address so the only thing that changed is our mailing address.

Have a great upcoming season.

Larry Holjencin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Banned

Re: Relocated to Colorado

Good move on your part. I know if I can ever make my residence west of the Missouri river I'm going to.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 07:45 PM

Larry,

Congrats on the new living location...Best wishes to you and the family.....

Zumer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
PHA
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys. The move puts us much closer to many of our current outfitters and really cuts down on travel expenses when I check out new ones. Adding additional western outfitters is a major priority.

Been here a week and have visited with a wildlife biologist and other staff at BLM, DOW and USFS. Being closer to the action will help with the information gathering part as well.

Business reasons aside, I have always loved the openness and beauty of the western states not to mention the fine hunting they offer.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 01:04 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Larry best of luck to you and your wife, you've always been a gentleman.

Sab, yup thats my name...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 03:56 AM
Regular Visitor

Colorado is a wonderland for hunters. Best wishes for you and yours for a good life there. There are some big Bull Elk, Mule Deer, and even some big Whitetail Deer on the plains of the "Front Range". Enjoy.

I lived in Casper, Wyoming for ten years and married my wife who was living in Buena Vista, Colorado. My two daughters are living in Colorado; one in Denver and the other in Colorado Springs.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Good Luck to ya.

Potter County
Gods Country USA
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
PHA
Frequent Contributor

I appreciate the kind words and best wishes. Looks like it's going to be an adventure!

I really do need to be here in the office but I can see the Rockies only miles away and they are calling my name. I feel like a kid staring out the class room window thinking of squirrel hunting after school. I guess hunting keeps us young at heart even though our bodies feel otherwise.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 05:36 PM

I happened on this thread because I'm in the very early stage of planning an Elk hunt out west. From you're signature and you're add I was surprised that you're service is free, so I checked out your website. I'll be getting in touch with you a little more to ask some advice on helping pick a hunt. What's you're preferred method of contact?(phone, e-mail, huntingpa PM) Feel free to PM me back and I can give you my e-mail if that's the best way to start the process.

That which does not kill me, only makes me stronger.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
PHA
Frequent Contributor

jayjaysin:

I will pm you but thought I'd post a response here as well as others have asked about the best way to contact me too. I always prefer a phone call or email over a PM or post response here for a couple of reasons. There are days I do not visit this site plus it is much harder to keep track of correspondence in a pm box vs in email. Also I always have my Blackberry with me so even if I am traveling, I can be reached via voice or email.

As for our service being free that is because we get paid from the outfitters when we book a client. If we charged more than the outfitters, very few hunters would use our service. We take a lot of the risk out of booking a hunt because I have done the research and inspections so that you book with a reputable outfitter. Repeat customers are a big part of our business. If we book someone on an antelope hunt and they have a great hunt, many times we get the call when the client is ready to book another hunt. On the flip-side, if they have a bad hunt, I may never hear from them again. Another advantage of using our service is if a problem is encountered on a hunt, you have someone on your side with some clout with the outfitter.

Thanks for the inquiry - please check your pm's.

Larry Holjencin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page