Workin' man's guide Service of Ohio - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Workin' man's guide Service of Ohio

Does anyone have any information on this outfitter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 01:11 AM
Sage

Re: Workin' man's guide Service of Ohio

https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbt...Number=1068060

Where have you been? I had to work late... Oh these? Yeah, it was 'camo day' at work again .
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 01:28 AM
Sage

Their website doesn't seem to be working nor is their much feedback from this outfitter... Be careful.

Where have you been? I had to work late... Oh these? Yeah, it was 'camo day' at work again .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 01:33 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I spoke to the owner when that was first posted...he had all the right answers and sounded like an outfitter/guide who was doing the right thing. I inquired about a hunt for that year but he was full....when I went to make plans for the following year his site was down and I had just assumed it didnt work out. Just my personal experience....

Sab

Sab, yup thats my name...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 09:33 PM

I do not believe they are still in business. They were regulars at the Sportsmans Show in Harrisburg but they were not there this year. When I asked a buddy of mine who works for an outdoor company he said they went under.

GBJ
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 11:00 PM

I don't think they are in business anymore but my experience was so-so at best.

Let me say, I didn't expect one of those places like Lee & Tiffany stay at so my expectations for lodging weren't high. That said when we arrived we stayed in an old trailor that was a bit beat up. For breakfast he bought Hostess doughnuts and cereal to keep in the kitchen.

He would pick us up in his S10 Blazer (4 guys with bows is tight!) and drop us off at pre-setup treestands. Mostly over a pile of corn. What I noticed about the stands I was in, is they were not very strategically placed. As I sat in the stands I saw far better places for the stands. My guess is they were good the first year he started doing it and so he put them in the same tree every year. Over all it was an ok experience, didn't see a lot of deer. Friend of mine shot an 8 point that the owner claimed he couldn't recover because it was on another persons property. This was after only 35 minutes of following a good blood trail(on the first day he told us the owners of that property lived in Florida and it was ok for him to go there, so that wasn't the issue). Not very ethical to leave a deer.

The last day his 10 year old son took me on a quad to a spot that at first he couldn't find. When I got there I said those look like far shots and he said "the deer will come out on the bottom, put your pin 5 inches high and then shoot"

Needless to say it wasn't a great experience but for my very first out of state/outfitter hunt I was satisfied. Went with 2 great friends so it was worth it.

...but those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. -Isaiah 40:31
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Thanks all for the information. My dad talked to Shane at the 2010 sportsman show. Again said the right things to my dad. Still not sure what to do.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Banned

His daughter and son will take you to spots on quads, as said alot of baiting. For the price it's a good deal I saw some nice bucks just to far. Shane and his family are good people but his personality is not very upbeat. JMO
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 11:49 AM

Don't let my post come off as too negative. Overall it was just good being out with the guys, besuides it was the first time any of us went out of state or with an outfitter.

When I went he let us take our own climbers (I didn't have one at the time). My one friend was able to hunt any tree he wanted in the area Shane took him. Said he saw 2 "monster" buck just couldn't get a shot.

There were definately some negatives but heck, I think we paid $400 (including license)it was worth that much.

...but those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. -Isaiah 40:31
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 03:17 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

ttt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page