Maine or Canada Bear Hunt - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 04:06 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Maine or Canada Bear Hunt

Looking for outfitters for a bear hunt for me and my dad in either maine or canada. Any help would be appreciated.

Pennsylvania State University
Forest Ecosystems Management 2017
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Banned

Location: The village of Saint Thomas, Franklin County, PA 4B, but most likely hunting in either 4A or 2C
Re: Maine or Canada Bear Hunt

How much money do you want to spend? There are good bear hunts and there are cheap bear hunts, but very few good and cheap ones. I have been on several hunts in Canada where I saw lots of bears and on a few where I did not. Most of the Canada provinces and Maine allow hunting over bait. British Columbia is spot and stalk only. IMO, the absolute best bear hunting in North America is in British Columbia.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Banned

I know Foggy Mountain Guide service has Bear camps in Maine and Ontario. May be a good place to start looking?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 07:16 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttleysgone
IMO, the absolute best bear hunting in North America is in British Columbia.
Amen George...I started my "hunting trip career" with a Maine bait hunt and there were several things that turned me off to it: There are bugs, even in September...You only hunt during the last hours of the day..You don't always see a bear in a week of hunting, and if you do, you are almost obligated to take it, regardless of size......

After a hunt such as this, I swore that my next bear hunt would be different, so I booked a black bear hunt in BC where the method of hunting is "spot & stalk"...What appeals about this type of hunt, is that the action lasts all day long, and that you will have a multitude of animals to choose from, enabling you to pass on 150 lb. youngsters..Unlike Maine, the woods of British Columbia are LOADED with game of all types, plus the fact that you will be hunting in what is probably the most striking and picturesque scenery in all of North America..If you are truly serious about harvesting a trophy black, you owe it to yourself to do this type of hunt at least once.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page