The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Maine Moose draw

13K views 59 replies 18 participants last post by  Bear Guide 
#1 ·
The Maine Moose Draw is on the 17th at LL Bean. Love Moose hunting!

#11 ·
Well, just to get you guys fired up, I'll repost the pic of the 900 lb, 54" bull one of my Lieutenants shot 2 years ago in Maine!! He is a maine native, and shot it with a 35 Whelen Improved he had custom built.

#15 ·
Very,very good. I never hunted Maine but have hunted northern NH and it was really kind of a joke. I shot my moose the first morning and the next couple days I kept going back to my spot just for the fun of it. I saw over twenty moose in four mornings. One really made me sick as it was over 60" wide. I have that on videotape. I shot the first moose I saw and he was a one horner but he dressed out at 875 lbs. and was one of the largest bulls shot that year in NH. He proved to be 9 1/2 years old.

I prefer hunting moose in VT as it's far more challenging and I've taken two there now.

#24 ·
WOW, sometimes you hit it right. I got drawn tonight and so did our daughter Rachael. I had already told Becky another daughter she could shoot the moose if I get drawn as my sub. Both are bulls and both in the first season. So, it looks like we will need another freezer and a good video camera.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.