Antelope guide South Dakota?? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Location: Armstrong Co. Pennsyltucky, Camp : Huston Hill, Elk /Cameron County
Antelope guide South Dakota??

I have 2 elderly great uncles (79 and 82) that want to hunt Antelope in SD. Neither can walk extended periods but both are capable of short distances and both shoot very well. Any suggestions on an outfitter that can cater to a couple of old hunters and thier driver?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: Antelope guide South Dakota??

Jester, If you're willing to try Wyoming I went with a guy in Buffalo who did a great job this past Oct I went with a group of 8 hunters and in the group was a 73 year old gentleman who wasn't able to walk great distances and who also honestly wasn't a great shot. The outfitter was patient and the guides were great. To help him get his goat they actually "teamed up" and he had 2 guide to himself. They busted their butts and he got his goat. The name of the place is A Double J outfitters and the owners are Rusty and Chris Bogers. A great husband and wife team. You can read my review on bowsite and I think I even wrote about them here. If you're willing to go to Wyoming I'd look at them. If I can answer any questions let me know.

Sab

Sab, yup thats my name...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 12:05 PM
PHA
Frequent Contributor

Jester:

I talked to a SD G&F biologist earlier this year and was told that much of the antelope range in SD has experienced substantial winter die off in recent years. Consequently the population is down and tags are scarce. I have an outfitter there but I am not referring anyone there until things improve.

I would agree with Sab on A Double J in Wyoming. I spent 3 days there this fall and they have a good operation and lots of antelope. It is Hunt #64-PA on our website. Here is the link with info and pix: http://www.premierhuntingadventures....horn-antelope/

If you'd like, I can email you a bunch of photos showing the land, lodge and of course antelope.

It is a hunt elderly hunters could handle.

Thanks,

Larry Holjencin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Location: Armstrong Co. Pennsyltucky, Camp : Huston Hill, Elk /Cameron County

Thanks for the info guys. Yes, please send me whatever you have to my email. I appreciate the info!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 12:34 PM
PHA
Frequent Contributor

Jester:

Your PM box is full. Also please pm me your email address or send me an email to my address below and I will forward pics and other info.

Thanks,

Larry
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 03:35 PM

Jester:

I hunted antelope/mule deer with Seven J Outfitters in NorthEastern Wyoming this past fall.

They were great. Everyone there the week I hunted filled their tags with either antelope/mule deer or antelope. They can make it as easy physically as you want.

They have a great reputation and I found it to be well deserved.

Good luck planning your hunt.

Ted
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Banned

I've taken four pronghorn in Edgemont SD on DIY hunts but the past couple years the tags have been too hard to get because of winter die-offs. I'd have them go to Wyoming until SD recovers.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 12:34 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Southfork mountain lodge & outfitters Buffalo Wy. My buddy & I were out this past season we both killed big antelope & nice Mule deer. The hunt was the least physical hunt I was ever on, an elderly gent would have no problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page