NC bear/boar/cat dog hunt... - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 04:05 AM Thread Starter

NC bear/boar/cat dog hunt...

anyone have info on anyone running dogs for bear, bobcat, or wild boars or maybe even dogs in NC???

i'll be down there this year and should be there into November...possibly even early December...i'll be working 4 day weeks so "could" do 3 day hunts...love hunting with dogs and would like to give it a whirl...doesnt have to be a great guide and lodge and all that stuff...could be an average guy with some bear dogs that would take me hunting for a fee...dont gotta be guaranteed kill or anything...id be fine with that as long as they aint chargin top dollar..

bear, cat, boar, deer probably in that order, all dog hunts...combo hunts are cool...i'll be working on the coast but i aint opposed to driving across the state need be..but keep that in mind as well...

anyone got info or know of anyone or anything??

just kickin around the idea seeing what it'll cost and all that..license fees arent a big deal..can likely get resident licenses...if i got the extra money, id love to do it..let me know if y'all know anything....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 08:44 AM

Re: NC bear/boar/cat dog hunt...

I know of a bear hunt with dogs down there.It runs a little over $3000.I could look up there name again if your interested

yote addiction: a pack a day
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 03:48 PM
The Man

mauser,

Can't help with any specifics but I can tell you that being on the coast of NC you will be right in the middle of dog hunting fanatics. I've hunted in SC with a number of guys from around the Wilmington NC area and they all were dog crazy and belonged to big clubs. All seemed to be great people and I've received a couple of invites over the years that I just never got around to following up on.

I wouldn't be surprised that you make some acquaintances down there and get an invite from some locals to hunt on a club. If you do, let us know how it went, I for one will be extremely envious, huntin big game with dogs has got to be exciting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 09:04 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Hyde County NC I think is there top county for bears. I hunted ducks with a guide down there and he had a friend who was a professional guide for black bear with dogs. I have no idea of the bear guides name or his rates but shoot me a pm if interested, I can give you the contact info for the guy I duck hunted with.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 10:29 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Cyril..not to go off topic but what was name of duck guide and was it z good hunt ? You can PM me if you want to so this stays on topic

Sab, yup thats my name...
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

thanx guys! not interested in true guide services (at this point) i know im gunna pay big bucks for a guide service...im just lookin for someone that wouldnt mind takin me hunting behind their hounds for a fee each day..even if its a couple hundred a day...could be worth it...

Loridr, your right...i got a guy i can deer hunt with...thats a sure thing too....and, knowin him might get me into bear or cats...

and i know theres a hound dog club not overly far away...i betcha if i stop there someday im bored theres fliers and ads layin around with just the info im lookin for...or guys there that know what direction to point me in atleast...

just didnt think of it being im 650mi away...

better pack the whelen...cause mauser's goin bear hunting! (hopefully!) id LOVE a bobcat as well...might even have to try calling down there...i wouldnt mind being down there through nov and some of dec if i can find huntin down there...

taking my bow is out...just too much stuff between the stand and bow and target and all that...but a rifle or 2 and a shotgun will get me through everything i wanna hunt..and storage for them is a non-issue and wont take much truck space on the trip...

got my wheels turning now!!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 03:57 PM
The Man

Well as long as your wheels are turning, an if ya wanna shoot a cat, let me see if I can get ya to do a full fire burnout.

If NC is anything like SC, cats are common. I've killed two, missed one and have seen a few more in SC just incidentally to deer hunting.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 02:59 AM Thread Starter

thats awesome! im going to do some research...maybe i can call em in! that would be a blast! like i said, im working 4 10's with 3 off...i dont care if i gotta drive across the state..could be worth my while...(i know NC is a LONG state to drive across...) not sure where the cats will be found..i seen bear crossing signs not overly far from my place down there..and i know the better deer hunting is on my side of the state..but the cats might be in the mountains..i dont know...

i can always make a trip home to gather my guns and gear if i get some good leads before fall...or have my parents bring them as they will be down mid summer...if im gunna miss some huntin here in PA i can make up for it down there...cats and bears...man i would be happy as they come!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 01:40 PM
The Man

The low country along the coast should be full of cats; the area I hunt in SC is low country 50 miles west of Charleston.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

awesome!! im having trouble digging up much info online on anything really other than their wildlife resource commission website..

i got a few connections already..and im sure i can make a few more...

got a pretty large tract of public land within an hour of my place...

WOW...my islands i work on are listed on the maps as having cats! and i can hunt them there! calling might be tough..theres a TON of rabbits and nutria..(another pelt on my hit list!) buddy even said he found bear tracks a few summers back..

i might be in for some fun!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page