Guaranteed Bear Hunts - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Guaranteed Bear Hunts

As I search the internet for our next bear hunt, I noticed a few were advertising "Guaranteed Bear Hunts". This caught my eye because I really want to get my son a bear.

When I looked at the price, I noticed it was exactly double the price of the original hunt. And the terms of the guarantee are that you come back next year for free.

I did a little math in my head and figured out that you are basically booking two hunts at once. And, if you get a bear the first time, you paid double for your hunt. If you don't get one, you could just pay the difference and come back next year anyway.

Is this a marketing ploy and a way to secure business for the following year? Or are you getting double the service and it's worth every penny?

Scott Meier, White Oak Lodge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Guaranteed Bear Hunts

First off paying the extra money up front is like an insurance on the hunt! We all know certain insurances are needed for things such as cars, home, and life. But paying double for a hunt to me isn't worth it. Your basically betting against yourself IMO! There are hunts out there that allow 2 bears on them. In my eyes that would be a place to have great odds for your son. I have hunted bear in Maine with Turnpike Ridge Outfitters and went 3 for 3, Labroder 0 for 1, and Newfoundland 1 for 1. Just a suggestion but I returned form British Columbia hunting with Mike Werner of BC Guides & Outfitters and their spring hunts are unbelievable. If I was going to take a child for black bear it would be to Maine, British Columbia, Alberta, or Alaska. Good luck in your search and where ever you take him I hope he shoots a monster!!!!!
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

We are looking for somewhere we can drive to. BC would be great, but we'd have to fly and break the budget. I'm also working around school. Maine in the last week of August would be ideal. Hopefully that's not when my wife is planning a family vacation.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 08:11 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Look into Turnpike Ridge Outfitters! My experiences with Don & Gail have been awesome! I have also sent many family and friends there with the same results. I've killed a 400 with hounds using a rifle, 250 baited with bow, and 225 baited with rifle. Best of luck to you and your son!
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 10:11 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

when searching for an outfitter, ask for references from those that killed and those that didn't.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 11:51 PM
Frequent Contributor

good advice.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICAREDOYOU
when searching for an outfitter, ask for references from those that killed and those that didn't.

"No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor."

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012, 12:23 AM
Part of the Community

international safaris of new brunswick. I'm 2 for 3 there.(my own fault not 3 for 3 ) Awesome place i'll be back next year. Great guides food and ton of bear and big bear too. One i just got will be close to pope and young 290lb. biggest this yr in the spring was 550lb. I Seen 18 bear in 3 days. Check out the website its 13 hr drive from northeast pa. google international safaris of new brunswick
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012, 02:47 AM
The Man

I used to go to Ontario back in the 80's for spring bear my self. There was an outfitter i wont mention his name who did that. If his regular 6 day hunt was 6-700.00 he had another hunt for 1,200.00 which was a guaranteed shotor you didnt pay. I kind of frowned on that because you was basicly buying the shot and im sure those stands was known to be hit. But he was a business man and i cant fault someone for trying to make a legal dollar when the customer knew the deal.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012, 02:50 AM
The Man

Good point but sometimes refernces are part of there business such as bbooking agents, etc. Its nice to hear from someone you actually know who has been there.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

I can see charging more for a gauranteed hunt. Even double the regular price would be fine if the deal was you get your money back if you don't score. But, double the regular price and you come back the next year, that's just booking two hunts at the same time and possibly going on both or possibly not.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page