Hadley Creek - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Hadley Creek

anyone hunt there this year? would like to hear any reports. good or bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: Hadley Creek

http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/OUTFI.../outfitter.cfm

This would be enough to keep me away regardless of cost. I for one have never heard anything good about the place but thats just me

Sab

Sab, yup thats my name...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1104sab
http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/OUTFI.../outfitter.cfm

This would be enough to keep me away regardless of cost. I for one have never heard anything good about the place but thats just me

Sab
Yeah what he said!!! Never anyting good about the place, you can also go to archerytalk.com and do a search there too, I'm know you will find the same responces
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 11:08 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Go to Outfitterreviews.com 90% of the reviews are bad, and there are alot of em.

Camp life,it don't get much better!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 12:28 AM

I was working a booth at the show with an outfitter from Iowa and I can't tell you how many guys mentioned Hadley and not one had a good thing to say. It was mentioned by a pretty reliabel source that they ran 1000 guys through their camps last year. Talking with another guy who was a guide last year for another Illinois outfitter told us that outfitter with an impressive display bought 11 of his mounts off Ebay - claimed they had killed 51 bucks including 9 booners. This guide said they ran 450 hunters last year, only killed about 25 bucks and had not killed 9 booners in the 6 years he guided. He said much of Illinois is heading in this direction. Allot of liars and theives in that outfitter hall at the show.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 01:12 AM

Wasn't there a posting on this site last year of an article that said one of Hadley's guides got busted for doing something illegal on a hunt? They get great PR from the Drury Brothers. I'm sure it [censored] in a lot of business for them.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 03:03 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Guys I know Ive said this before but why not just use Larry? He does it for a living, hes a sponsor here, it doesnt cost you anymore and if he messes you up and sends you on a bad hunt he will be out of business so its beneficial for him to work hard and cull thru the garbage and only send you on a quality hunt. I dont know... I hate to sound like his salesman but when I go again I'll use him unless its a local hunt like Md where he either doesnt have a guide or its cheap enough where I'll take a chance like the hog hunt I go on in Georgia. Just my 2 cents sorry.

Sab, yup thats my name...
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 03:20 AM
Sage

That would be Larry at Premier Hunting Adventures:

http://www.premierhuntingadventures.com/

Is your position a short term gain - or a long term loss? Separate the issues.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 03:44 AM
Regular Visitor

Hello,
I have been to Hadley Creek Outfitters hunting the prime rut for the last three years and I signed up to go again. I have also seen all the stories on here about how bad they are. I did not find a problem with the place. It had clean rooms, good food and often only two guys hunting a large farm. I observed lots of good deer but did not shoot any as 140 score is required and they have to be close with a bow. Yes there are booners walking around on some of the farms I did see a couple. That is just one mans opinionů.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 01:10 AM
New Arrival

I have huntied at Hadley the last 2 years. Once the 2nd week of Octber and once the last week in October. I had a great time both years. I came home empty handed both years (nothing over 140 close enough) but my buddy harvested a 150 the fisrt year and a 140 the 2nd year. The accomadations were great as were the guides and the quality of deer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page