Antelope outfitters - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Antelope outfitters

I may have an opportunity to take my son out for an antelope hunt this fall but I need to find an outfitter that has an opening the Columbus day weekend (Oct 6-8). I know time is against me but since I have an opportunity I have to give it a try. Does anyone have any outfitters they may recommend? I see some outfitters offer a 2 day hunt. This seems short but they say that is all the time that is needed. Any comments regarding a 2 day hunt?
Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 01:39 AM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Antelope outfitters

Try Backcountry hunts in NM. Steve will take care of you
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Has anyone ever hunted with any of these outfitter Grizzly Creek outfitters, Mule Shoe outfitters or Timberline outfitters?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 04:30 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

head to wyoming and do a DIY in UNIT 7. we were out a 2 years ago with a good frind of mine that lives in Co. he had hunted it the year b4 and said it was good. and believe me it was more than we expected. there is no shortage of goats, seems like everywhere you look you can pick up their white hind ends. the 2 of us from back here worked for ours whith putting 8 miles on 1 day and 7 the next and the others pretty much hunted from the truck and walked less than a mile a day. the only thing that is hard is trying to read the maps that we had because there was a small amount of private land in the middle of whe walk in areas that we were hunting. but once we were in walking around it was pretty easy with the cattle fences with the big walk in only signs hanging on them haha.

i dont know if you are looking for book goats or not tho. if you are unit 7 prolly isnt the area you wanna go. there are goats everywhere but the biggest one we saw was about a 14.5 incher, he did end up in the bed of the truck tho haha. it was also a fairly cheap hunt. with the plane ticket and a buck and doe tag it cost me $600, we had to add in a little extra with the drive from Co and the adult beverages and dinner but we did not even come close to $1000

GET SOME BOYS
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 04:44 AM
Frequent Contributor

Sounds like fun. I heard a lot about winter kill out there the past few years with all the snow and cold weather. Maybe this coming year might be good with the warm winter every one had. Was your hunt all public land or a DIY hunt on private land?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

all public land. but the DWO officer from that unit sent me a list of ranchers that allowed you to hunt their ground for a fee. he also told me that sometimes you can give the rancher a case of beer and he`ll let you hunt or it could cost up to $500/day.

GET SOME BOYS
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

If your doing the Wyoming hunt, March 15 is the deadline for antelope. That's this Wednesday already!

http://gf.state.wy.us/web2011/hunting-1000443.aspx

The horizon is your starting point.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

is that for all of wyoming? i thought we got ours a month or 2 b4 we went but may be wrong

GET SOME BOYS
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Frequent Contributor

Wyoming should have left over tags for the area's near Gillete, New Castle etc. You can get on in August (I think) over the counter...well, on line purchase. SHould be able to find a ranch and pay an acess fee.

PM me and I can share some info. If you're limited on time, an outfitter will have you tagged out first day. Goats everywhere.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhi
Wyoming should have left over tags for the area's near Gillete, New Castle etc. You can get on in August (I think) over the counter...well, on line purchase. SHould be able to find a ranch and pay an acess fee.

PM me and I can share some info. If you're limited on time, an outfitter will have you tagged out first day. Goats everywhere.
thats what i thiought. we hunted that area and i know we did not apply for tags in march. and yes there are goats everywhere. 4 outta 5 guys tug out in 2 days doing it on our own. i was the only one that did not shoot a buck but i did have my chances, 6 misses on 1 goat haha. it was the farthest shot i have ever taken and with a 25 mph cross wind so i`ll blame it on that ha. my suggestion to anyone that goes on a goat hunt is to practice shots out to 300 yds or farther tho. the goat i missed was over 400, i practiced out to 350, and 3 of the 4 bucks, that were taken, were over 200yds. the closest shot was on the doe i shot at 60yds.

GET SOME BOYS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page