StoneBridge Jamboree - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

StoneBridge Jamboree

Anyone ever been or expierence with this place in PA? Not looking for comments saying it is a preserve. I understand all that. Feel free to PM info.

Thanks

BRDNSPR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 11:35 AM
New Arrival

Re: StoneBridge Jamboree

Never went to it but i've heard some bad stories about it. Sounds like arrows are flying everywhere to me and the person who puts the last arrow in it claims the animal
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 03:21 PM
The Man

From what i heard there are 24 hunters and 17 animals. If an animal is hit it is off limits to another hunter to shoot. Fenced in area is 54 acres. There are a big variety of animals. You are instructed that shooting the first animal is wise. THere are few bucks compared to doe.

My friend who went said it was like a live 3d shoot. You know what it is before you go in. He said there were pigs, rams, fallow deer, sitka deer. The preserve states there will also be a crazy animal like waterbuffalo or elk possibly.

Sounds fun but is not really a hunt. He had no complaints other than a few animals were very poorly hit. He said that two guys drive the 54 acres and keep the animals moving the whole time. There is a break at noon for lunch. You have a 4 arrow limit until lunch. You can refill at lunch if need be.

Proud member of Gobblers Anonymous Support Group [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 01:00 AM
Regular Visitor

I used to help out there right after it opened, at that time the owners had certain guidelines that they required the hunters to follow (and if they didn't they were either penalized by monetary values and / or no repeat visits or both). Can't say I ever had a bad experience there with the staff / owners, they were all professional and courteous. As for game species, they had a variety at the time and all seemed to be in exceptional condition. Haven't been there for quite a few years so I can't attest to how things are handled now. Guess I'm just reminiscing
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

We went on a private hunt there two times a few years ago , took 20 fallow does each time . Bobby that owns the place is a very nice guy . Personally the only reason i went because it was free.

Curahee : We stand alone together.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page