kentucky velvet bucks - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 03:08 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

kentucky velvet bucks

I'm interested in doing a velvet buck hunt in Kentucky and i was wondering if anyone here has done this. If so please share your experience and with what outfitter you used.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 03:16 AM
Part of the Community

Re: kentucky velvet bucks

Not kentucky related but I did a velvet hunt in SC last year and got a really nice 8pt in full velvet. It was the wildest deer hunt ive ever done. Tshirt and the lightest pants I could find and still very sweaty. License are super affordable and season kicks off aug 15 w rifle. My friend has been managing with his bordering farms for a long time and I was able to get a great buck. Maybe check an outfitter down there also.

Do your sportin' in Wharton
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutik87
Not kentucky related but I did a velvet hunt in SC last year and got a really nice 8pt in full velvet. It was the wildest deer hunt ive ever done. Tshirt and the lightest pants I could find and still very sweaty. License are super affordable and season kicks off aug 15 w rifle. My friend has been managing with his bordering farms for a long time and I was able to get a great buck. Maybe check an outfitter down there also.
Hook me up with a pig hunt!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Part of the Community

Im tellin you dont write off sc. The hog hunting where I hunt isnt good. Those guys dedicate themselves to removing the hogs. Almost all of the bucks in sc are scrubs(serious scrubs) but find a good outfitter and youve go a good chance at a 120 atleast.
This guy hit the upper 140's

SC is divided into 6 zones I believe. This guy was killed about an hour away from a place called montmorenchi sc
goodluck to ya whatever you decide

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Blutik87, post up the oufitters name here, if you had a good hunt let the rest of us know. I know I'd consider the place you just mentioned and beside Aug 15 is only 7 months away !

Sab, yup thats my name...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Blutik87, if your ever looking for some one to take the trip down there let me know. We could split the cost......just an idea.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Part of the Community

lol not an outfitter guys sorry, they are just family friends. Im only allowed one, although bucks are unlimited down there. SC has some crazy deer laws and IMO squirrels get way more respect in pa than deer do down there. I'd be on his deer pole in the barn if I brought fellas down with me not to mention what the adjoining property owners would do to me lol. Just a bunch of guys down there with the will and resources to grow good bucks. I was just suggesting initially for you to try to find a guide with a good rep. and you could potentially smoke a nice buck. SC gets a really bad buck rep because of the ridiculous laws they impose on bucks. But properly managed property is the key. Just sayin dont commit to kentucky till you have scoped out some outfitters in SC. Sorry I cant recommend an outfitter for you guys because I dont personally know any, if you would like I could ask him if he knows of any good outfitters in the area.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 07:29 AM

Man that was a sweet hunt. Mark and his family really manage that place well. I think it is about time for a return trip.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 08:07 AM

I rifle hunted KY with my son and grandson 5 years ago. This guy came highly recommended, and he runs a great camp. Great accomodations and food, reasonable price. I killed a 10 pt. droptine buck. Call Butch and ask him your question: http://www.whitetailcreekoutfitters.net/

benchrest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page