Iowa or Kansas outfitter? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Iowa or Kansas outfitter?

I'm looking information on any outfitters in Iowa or Kansas for a bow hunt in 2013. I have 1 point for Iowa and will be buying another point in 2012, so I hope to draw with 3 points in 2013. I have talk to some outfitters already but would like some feedback from the huntingpa hunters. If you have outfitter that you hunt with and have room for another hunter to cut down on the cost of gas and driving time, I would like to talk more about it. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 11:07 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Iowa or Kansas outfitter?

Hunt Wyoming starting Sept1 and you will see 50 deer each night with at least 10 being P#Y. Also you might shoot a 130 with velvet like I did.! 3 of us took bucks over 130 by day 2, and we were sight seeing the rest of the week. This was my 2nd trip with this outfitter in 6 years, and the first trip went quite the same.

Camp life,it don't get much better!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 12:08 AM

Iowa - JSTROPHYHUNTS.COM - Been hunting with Steve for 20 years and couldn't reccommend them more highly. Many, many clients from PA-MD-NJ areas - Eastern sports show is like a big fmily reunion for all the hunters that have hunted with him over the years. He has probably 90% repeat business many times over like myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Frequent Contributor

Huntin-nut I could not agree with you more. J&S is a top notch outfitter. I have hunted with Steve and Jeff in Missouri and I am going back again this year. Will probably stop in the Harrisburg show to say hi.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25ftup
Hunt Wyoming starting Sept1 and you will see 50 deer each night with at least 10 being P#Y. Also you might shoot a 130 with velvet like I did.! 3 of us took bucks over 130 by day 2, and we were sight seeing the rest of the week. This was my 2nd trip with this outfitter in 6 years, and the first trip went quite the same.

what outfitter? photos?

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Sully Simons
Beulah Wyoming. I have been on 8 outfitted hunts in my life, and 2 were with this guy. Best outfitter I have ever been with, and if you know anyone who has archery hunted Wyoming you will hear the same story. In 2010 I saw 23 buck before I shot a velvet 9 point. Sorry no pics, with no real way to download em. No Bull here either, no need to. I have also sent 2 other groups from Pa out who had similar results. I hunted Illinois twice and would NEVER go back after what we spent and seen out west!

Camp life,it don't get much better!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 10:56 PM

Thanks

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 11:29 AM

I went with Sully also 2 years ago.

We didn't have any shot opportunities at decent bucks, but did see a ton of deer, many were well out of range. Be prepared to extend your shot distance as to what we're used to here in PA.

He was very limited in the amount of property he had and I felt the accomodations were subpar with the toilet being in the kitchen with no walls or door.

Food was great and he's a really nice guy with good prices.

That being said, I would go with him again, but I'd want to know if he leased any additional property.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 11:11 AM
The Man

Agree with 25ftup.......You hear all of the stories about those midwest monster bucks, but how many actually harvest them?....Hundreds come home empty handed...Western states like Wyoming and Montana have tons of lightly pressured whitetails with a nice mix of trophies, it's just a matter of holding out for the right one, not wondering if you're gonna get a chance at one!..Numbers as well as quality..Can't beat that combo!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page