Big Buck Outfitters - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Big Buck Outfitters

We were excited as we pulled up to big buck outfitters in Sheridan Wyoming owned by Brian Beisher a PA native. We both thought that was a plus and were looking forward to the days ahead...Naturally the brochures showed big bucks and spoke of hundreds of deer a day that we would see..the doe were plentiful and the bucks were few, it was rifle season and the first week of november so we both expected to see more consisdering we drove around and around for the entire day glassing for bucks with a two hunter one guide ratio (bad system) if you have 5 days cut that in half..that gives you 2.5 possible days for the $5,ooo you spend by the time you get to the outfitter, excluding gratuity and whatever else you need for the trip. We both ended up with a buck one 129 and 134 not too bad but the "average" was preached at 140 and they were really the only two shooters we seen while in camp...ok so thats hunting we understand that happens. The head guide was extremely pompass and arrogant, very unfriendly and unwelcoming and that was the concensus among the 6 hunters from all different parts of the country in camp. The land was beautiful and the other guides were great otherwise, even though they were treated like crap by the head guide as well. One hunter was not even permitted by his guide to take a break, eat or drink while on a rigorous elk hunt in the mountain and said that he felt that he almost had a heart attack because of it. i would not reccomend this hunt to anyone looking for a freindly atmosphere and a an expensive "trophy" whitetail hunt. To top it off, jumping out of a moving vehicle and shooting off the hood of a truck at a deer 300 yards away wasnt for me or the other avid hunter I was with. The icing on the cake is being bad mouthed for missing a deer (not in a fieindly chop busting way), but in a militious unprofessional manner to other hunters behind your back as the head guide does there didnt suit some of the hunters in camp. So a big thumb s down for this outfitter. It takes a special person to ruin the specatacular views and the western hospitality of a sussessful hunt.......but for everyone in camp it happened to some degree...we did take two nice bucks, neither scored 140 and for the money, not worth it at all..hope this will help someone else out...good luck and dont look at the pictures on a brochure to determine the quality of a hunt!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Big Buck Outfitters

Thanks for sharin!

'Patience and Persistence'
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Banned

Passnthru... Sorry to hear your hunt turned out that way... Some time's the Deer (or whatever) hunting part just doesn't pan out for what it's advertised as.... This could be for numerous reason's as we all know.... And That's why it's called HUNTING... BUT... The UNFRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE IS UN-CALLED FOR.... 99% of the guy's I know, go on a hunt to have a great time.... Killing an animal is the icing on the cake.... But.... They want to at least be treated in a decent manner...

One BIG MISCONCEPTION out there is... Most guy's think they'll see a 160+ whitetail behind every tree.... WRONG !!!! IT DOESN'T HAPPEN.... You may use your tag on one in your first hour of hunting...OR... IT MAY TAKE YOU SEVERAL TRIP'S.... It's hunting and it's FAIR CHASE....

But one thing I CAN GUARANTEE YOU IS.... You will be TREATED AS FAMILY AND NOT JUST ANOTHER DOLLAR SIGN.... To me this is more important than the harvest.... Camaraderie come's first then everything else fall's into place....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Thanks alot, we definately would prefer some good fun, camaraderie, laughs, and we are primarily archery hunters...so shhoting off truck hoods wasnt our gig. We know how hunting goes and are up for fair chase anyday...yeah people do think that every hunt in the midwest produces 160+ inch deer, we also know better in that department. I will be looking into your suggestion and maybe working something out for the year to come or so....thanks again and Happy New year to you and yours as well...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Here's my story...Went on a hunt this year. Didn't get anything, didn't see anything, didn't come as advertised, coulda been one of my all time worst hunts ever...only thing that saved me from making that statement is at night, back at the lodge, we met other hunters who were as miserable as us and having as bad a time for the same reasons. We actually became friends and are planning a hunt together next year. Bottom line is the "hunt" sucked...the commraderie amongst hunters was GREAT and that saved the week although I wouldn't recommend this outfitter to anyone.

35Whelan.....U guide ?

Sab, yup thats my name...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page