Caribou Outfitters - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Caribou Outfitters

Looking to book a caribou trip for 2011 in northern Quebec

Looking for opinions, experiences, price, etc... with different outfitters.

We are leaning towards Luco Caribou Adventures but lets hear where some of you guys have hunted!

God, Guns, Family, and Outdoor Traditions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Luco Caribou Adventures

I don't know what to tell you about Luco JRupe but I can recomend Norpaq outfitters if you're interested in other outfitters. We had 16 guys go 3 years ago and took 31 caribou. The largest made boone & crockett easily and the setting was awesome. Caught plenty of lake trout when the tags were filled and could have taken some ptarmigan if we wanted. Also saw some wolves as well although they're protected. I would highly reccomend checking them out. Here's a link if you're interested. Not trying to change your mind, just telling you what I know.

http://www.norpaq.com/en/splash.html

<span style="color: yellow">Trying to understand women is like trying to smell the color nine. -Ferrell</span>
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Caribou Outfitters

If you are seriously considering a Caribou trip, I would check out this site: link

I went in 2005 with a different outfitter and had a great time. Luckily, I was not one of the 280 hunters that got ripped off last year and this coming season!

Things would REALLY have to change for me to even consider another Caribou Trip to Quebec!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Part of the Community

I went with Ungava Adventures (Quebec) and had a blast, it was one of if not may favorite hunt, my dad has hunted with them twice, I would highly recommend them.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 07:09 PM
Frequent Contributor

I went last year thru Cargair Outfitters....They fly out of LG4 in Quebec.. Great hunt, best hunt I have ever been on....saw bear, wolves, caribou, and caught a few fish...The only thing i can tell you is, it is not like you see on TV. We all got 2 caribou, but we worked hard for them...We did a do-it-yourself trip. Any questions feel free to PM me.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 03:35 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I don't care who you are or if you've been to Quebec before (I have, in 2003 and 2005) I would NEVER give any of my money to any outfitter or guide in Quebec until the tuttulik issue is resolved. Save the "their not all bad" comments for someone else,until we put pressure on them and they in turn put pressure on the theifs we should not hunt in Quebec. You want our money??? solve this problem !!If we all did this how fast do you think everyone, the government of Canada, the tourism board, the outfitters association, guides etc would step in to help solve this ?? Fast I say. We as hunters spend MILLIONS every year, we can spend it somewhere else...

I'm off my horse, BTW this is a MAJOR reason I'm going to Maine for bear this year and not back there like in 03.

Sab, yup thats my name...
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 03:01 AM
New Arrival

As stated in the description this forum is for discussion purposes only. Anything deemed to be advertising by the moderator will be removed. However it is acceptable in your discussion to post links in reference to a particular outfitter.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Frequent Contributor

My family hunted with Donat Asselin a few years back. This was a cheap drive to winter hunt. Everyone tagged out and it was a semi good experience. Housing was a little rough.
If I were going back for a winter hunt it would be with the Mirage. First class accomodations in the middle of no where.

Good luck............

Charter member of the Bill Morgan fan club.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Banned

If sportsman were to participate in a boycott of Quebec, where would you guys suggest to go? Labrador?
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I hunted with Club Chambeaux 3 times. They are one of the biggest caribou outfitters in Quebec. They also own their own planes so they aren't dependent on a private carrier. Killed 6 bulls and 2 bears with them. 2 of my bulls went b.c. and 1 bear was over 500lbs and squared 7ft. We always hunted on are own.

If you can't run on the snow with the big dogs stay on the porch!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page