Whitetail Outfitters of Ohio - Price Drop by $1000 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Whitetail Outfitters of Ohio - Price Drop by $1000

2010 prices dropped by $1000.00 per week. I'm booked for 1st week in November. Just thought people would be interested as its now much more affordable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Whitetail Outfitters of Ohio - Price Drop by $1000

PCM,
Does this outfitter review good ? I am assuming you checked him out...
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 02:11 AM

That is huge for the industry. What is behind it? Obviously not booking hunters so you have to ask why? Economy or his operation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 03:40 AM
PHA
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin-nut
That is huge for the industry. What is behind it? Obviously not booking hunters so you have to ask why? Economy or his operation?
Not sure what the situation is with this outfitter. I can say that our bookings are up over this time last year. In the past few days I have talked to five of the outfitters we book for and all of them are ahead of last year's numbers for bookings.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Hi everyone. The reason for the price drop is because he added 2 more hunters per week from 6 to 8. My #1 hunting partner goes every year and loves this outfitter. That was all the review I needed. He pays the $2800 every year so for $1800 its an awesome deal. We are told this is a 1 year deal only due to the economy and that in 2011 it will be back up to the normal pricing and 6 hunters in camp.

A story - This year my friend actually hunted 2 days, saw over 40 buck, 2 he guesses over 150 and got a shot at 1 but hit a limb. He then came down with swine flu and could not hunt the rest of his week. The outfitter, called him to make sure he made it home ok and then invited him out for a week of late season hunting free, to make up for the 3 days he missed due to sickness. Ohio late season over bait or food sources is very high odds. That is pretty darn good business if you ask me. I can't wait to go for my first time.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Frequent Contributor

I have never heard anything but good stuff about this operation! price sounds hard to beat!

'Patience and Persistence'
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 02:56 AM
Frequent Contributor

Hey Pottercountyman

The picks are wide open for 2010 whitetail hunts , Which week would you pick in Archery ? would you go muzzleloader or shotgun , I never hunted in Ohio are the chasing faze and ruts the same as Pa ?
Thanks
Tom
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Tom - I have never been to Ohio. His website is not updated, the dates are certainly not 100% open. Ohio Rut is the same as PA rut. I'm fairly certain the second week of Nov is already booked full. I'm going with 4 other guys the first week in Nov. Archery is my chosen method although a shotgun or muzzleloader hunt would certainly be higher odds. Whats even better is they accept a payment plan. I've just been sending $100.00 bucks a month with full payment due Sept 30th 2010 or something.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottercountyman
The reason for the price drop is because he added 2 more hunters per week from 6 to 8.
If you believe Ty was only taking 6 hunters per week then I got some real valuable land in Florida to sell ya, I will even through in the alligators for free...

I had a friend hunt with Ty 2 years ago, archery rut and he said their were 17 hunters in camp that week. His operation isn't bad but he is flat out lying to you if he is telling you only six or eight hunters a week.

Don't be surprized if you get their and their is 12+ hunters and he gives you the old "well we accidently overbook or double booked this week, but their was only 8 last week".
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
The Man

I've heard that review from a few different people.

Like I said before, my friend goes here every year. He has never noticed the camp being over booked. That being said.

I don't care if I share camp with 50 people. If I get in a stand and see deer, including big mature Ohio buck it is going to be worth every penny.

I spend more than this to go to the beach during the summer and I hate sand.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page