Whitetail Heaven Outfitters In KY. - Page 2 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 08:04 PM

Any outfitter will get a % of unhappy clients. But when I see more than what I consider a "normal" amount of poor reveiws, theres probably a good reason for it. Theres too many outfitters with 95% good reveiws to even think about one who's in the 70% or lower range, and from what I read WH is in that catagory.

I wouldn't hunt with any outfitter who's guides are allowed to hunt his propertys. Seen that scenario and how the paying customers were getting the leftovers while the guides hunted the best areas. That outfitter didn't seem to care, and the hunters didn't realize they were getting shafted and lied to by the guides. I wasn't even hunting there and I almost fought 2 of the guides when they told me about letting last weeks hunters tell them where they saw big bucks so they knew where to hunt themselves this week. Lying to guys paying their wages, paying for their help and expertise, guys who usually tipped them for "good service." Still chaps my backside just thinking about it.🤬
bohunr likes this.

Pence/Putin 2024
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 07:53 PM

from what i understand. its a money mill. meaning, they run a huge number of hunters thru the outfit. they make hundreds of thousands every year. with those numbers, someone is going to kill some nice deer. those are the ones they advertise with, post reviews with.

they told me the average deer taken is in the 130 class, when i asked how many hunters get a chance at a 130 deer, what percentage of their hunters see deer of that size, i got no response.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 10:45 PM

I know of an outfit in illinois, small family run lodge. They hunt 12 guys/week on 8000 acres, 5 weeks/ yr. Last 2 years they killed 5 b&c bucks each year, plus a bunch in the 140 and up range. Success runs around 40%, shot opportunity about 70%, and their minimum is 140. That's the kind of place you want to go, it's cheaper than WH and you stay in a 750k lodge, not a converted farmhouse or camp trailer like many do at WH. The owner and guides live there and eat with the hunters, they don't hide after hunting hours, and they don't hunt. You got a problem or complaint, they're right there.

Most of those big outfitters simply cannot keep stands fresh or give personal attention when you run the kind of volume they do. And despite the fact that you're in illinois, Kentucky, or some other great state, older deer will leave the area if they get pressure and/or careless hunting. Theres alot of very lightly hunted ground in the midwest and those deer simply move away from pressure to lighty hunted or unhunted ground nearby. Been there, seen it. It ain't pa.
bohunr likes this.

Pence/Putin 2024
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 10:21 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

PM sent
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I think I posted this before. Embarrassed to say I went to Whitetail Heaven for turkeys a few years ago. Sorry I went. First my contact person was a guide I met at Sportmen's Show. Sounded great. Days before I left to hunt Tennessee public followed by WH I called. The guide was gone but I had cancelled check and text messages. They said come on down. I arrived the night before opener. Dozens of people. Probably 40 plus. A band, food, drink like a small carnival. Big beautiful house.

I was unguided. So they paired me with a guide and two hunters. All three days I was on a property with two guides and 4 hunters. Never got close. Didn't heat turkeys two days. My public land hunt in TN was better. Some hunters on other properties killed turkeys. In my opinion it was just way too big. If you never hunted turkeys before or were from the city, it might satisfy you. I would never recommend this outfitter. Can't imagine deer season.
bohunr likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in