Lake Erie custom Charters - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Lake Erie custom Charters

FYI...had a great time fishing with Captain Paul Griener and his wife Captain Becky Greiner today on Lake Erie for walleye.

my son and I had our limit in just over two hours....the walleye fishing is fantastic. we were so busy we forgot about the snacks we brought.
after the trip, Paul filleted the catch and we put them in plastic bags, into the cooler for the ride home. it was a short ride. we live in Erie

the weather also co-operated, it was little over cast and hardly any wind, the lake was almost flat. my son has the photos on his Phone, if he sends some i can post them here. the Walleyes were in the 18 to 26 inch range. next time we go, if we knew how fast we were going to limit out, we would have held out for bigger ones.

he did ask if we wanted to keep it or toss it, we obviously kept them...lots of good eating.

Home

if you want to catch walleye, now is the time. call him, you wont be disappointed.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 06:33 PM
The Man

Sounds like a great time Bohunr!
bohunr likes this.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 06:48 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Is there still a consumption warning on Lake Erie walleye for high levels of Mercury and PCB's ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

12 fish in just under two hours. approximately one fish every ten minutes. it was AWESOME. by the time i got done reeling one in my son was starting to reel one in.
SlickShot likes this.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHMSA53393 View Post
Is there still a consumption warning on Lake Erie walleye for high levels of Mercury and PCB's ?

yes they do. but on page 30 of the fish digest it shows what to trim to limit your exposure. they suggest you trim the belly meat off. all the fat along the back and lateral line.

this supposedly limits your exposure and the recommended meal is ONE per month.

i just looked at the book and since these were "small" fish the levels, if any in the fish should be LOW. whats surprising is the advisory charts for the Delaware river basin, Susquehanna river basin, Ohio river basin, and the Lake Erie basin.

DANG.....it seems everything is polluted / contaminated.

wonder whats in the fish at the restaurants or stores!!

is anything safe to eat, anymore ?

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 09:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to 59Willys
Congrats to you and your boy. We been fishing since late May and once again "marble eyes" been fantastic this year:_To be honest It's been great for the last 4 years on Lake Erie. Hopefully perch won't be as hard to fine like the last couple years. For how clean Lake Erie is? It's the best anyone has seen in the last 20 years! Now if Erie Coke Co. "Iron ore" cleans up there act the lake would be better and the environment.
bohunr likes this.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 06:10 PM

Were you dragging worm harnesses or spoons? Dipseys?

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

spoons on dipseys (two rods) the rest had minnow style lures in various colors attached to a planer board

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 08:36 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunr View Post
FYI...had a great time fishing with Captain Paul Griener and his wife Captain Becky Greiner today on Lake Erie for walleye.

my son and I had our limit in just over two hours....the walleye fishing is fantastic. we were so busy we forgot about the snacks we brought.
after the trip, Paul filleted the catch and we put them in plastic bags, into the cooler for the ride home. it was a short ride. we live in Erie

the weather also co-operated, it was little over cast and hardly any wind, the lake was almost flat. my son has the photos on his Phone, if he sends some i can post them here. the Walleyes were in the 18 to 26 inch range. next time we go, if we knew how fast we were going to limit out, we would have held out for bigger ones.

he did ask if we wanted to keep it or toss it, we obviously kept them...lots of good eating.

Home

if you want to catch walleye, now is the time. call him, you wont be disappointed.
Every year I say I'm going to go there for walleye, from what I heard it was red hot fishing this past spring.

Potter County
Gods Country USA
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

its still hot. Captain Paul said this year hasnt slowed down. like i said...it only took two hours for us. we could have fished longer had we held out for bigger ones.

go now, give him a call, you wont be disappointed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page