Choanoke outfitters - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Choanoke outfitters

Has anyone ever been? Thinking about going next year and I was wondering if anyone has any info on them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 07:59 PM

Re: Choanoke outfitters

Yes I have been there. I sent you a PM

WORK HARD TO PLAY HARD!

Shooting The X
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

How's that for irony 5bh20? Looking forward to your report and good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 04:26 PM

My Uncle and I went down on a 3 day hunt last week. We got there Tuesday night were in our stands at 5:15. I was hunting a big soybean field and so was my Uncle. At daybreak I had a very nice 6 point and a spike in front of me. I decided not to shoot. I saw about 40 turkeys work there way into the field. At 8 I seen 4 doe and I moved the gun to fast and they saw me. My Uncle saw from his stand a HUGE 8 he didn't shoot because he already shot 2 bucks on previous trips down there. He also saw a 6 and doe and he shot the doe. We were mostly hunting doe to help out Josh on his properties. Thursday morning we did not see anything. Thursday night I was overlooking a cut soybean field and at 5 I seen a nice 5 run into the field I elected not to shoot. 5 mins later a big 7 came out running. I had a bad shot and I took it anyway. I missed. It was my fault, I should of been able to hit the deer. Friday morning I was in a stand and at 7:30 4 doe came walking into the field and I shot the lead doe. Pretty much at every sit I could of shot deer. In 5 sits I saw 5 bucks and 8 doe. My Uncle saw 4 bucks and 13 doe and could of shot a deer on every sit except thurday morning. Everyone in camp had an oppurtunity at deer. PM me if you have any questions. It was a great time and I can not wait to go next year.

Danny

WORK HARD TO PLAY HARD!

Shooting The X
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 04:29 PM

The owners Zane and Josh make you feel like family. The food was great you have enough to eat. They will cater to every need you have. They will walk you to your treestand and help you in if that is what you want or just Point you in the direction. They know their deer and they will put you on them.

WORK HARD TO PLAY HARD!

Shooting The X

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page