Quebec Spring Bear Hunts - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By huntr4477

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Quebec Spring Bear Hunts

Looking for a spring bear hunt for my son and I. Quebec is my only option as my son will only be 14yo at the time of the hunt. Anyone have any experience positive or negative with any Quebec outfitters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 01:37 PM
WOL
Diehard Outdoorsman

Isn't Maine 10? What is the legal age in the other Canadian provinces? I thought it was 12?

I took my son to Taggart Bay. I think the success rate was 5 out of 7 in camp. One guy saw one and wounded one, so 6 out of 7 had chances. They also had good fishinf for pike and smallmouth. If you can fish at dawn and dusk, guys also caught walleyes. We fished from 10:00am until 2:00pm. That's because we were the ones who didn't see a bear, so we hunted every day until dark. We didn't get back to the cabin until after midnight, so getting up before dark wasn't too appealing. We met the guide at 3:00pm, so had to quit fishing around 2:00pm and get back to the cabin.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 08:00 PM
Frequent Contributor

Check out Barrage Gouin Outfitters. LOTS of bears,decent fishing. I have been going up there for about 20 yrs. Missed the last 2 years because my hunting buddy passed away,but I will be going back up next spring.
Bob
Waynzee likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 08:21 PM
The Man

One of the members here had a good hunt in Quebec this spring. Here's his post about it:

https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/45-...bear-hunt.html
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 01:04 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

W.T.Outfitters Danford lake Quebec 9 hrs from central pa.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOL View Post
Isn't Maine 10? What is the legal age in the other Canadian provinces? I thought it was 12?

I took my son to Taggart Bay. I think the success rate was 5 out of 7 in camp. One guy saw one and wounded one, so 6 out of 7 had chances. They also had good fishinf for pike and smallmouth. If you can fish at dawn and dusk, guys also caught walleyes. We fished from 10:00am until 2:00pm. That's because we were the ones who didn't see a bear, so we hunted every day until dark. We didn't get back to the cabin until after midnight, so getting up before dark wasn't too appealing. We met the guide at 3:00pm, so had to quit fishing around 2:00pm and get back to the cabin.
It is 12.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 09:44 PM

I went to Cooper Camp in 2017 and would highly recommend it. It is a guaranteed hunt and you can drive to lakes that have great pike fishing. It's a bit further north than alot of them but we saw wildlife along the way and enjoyed the ride. The price really is all inclusive (except tips) and the food is incredible. Save a $100 and take your ATV. They will show you the stand and bait it and you can ride to the stand. I may have been lucky but only hunted maybe 3 hours and bagged a nice bear with my crossbow. Left after lunch and was back for dinner the first day of the hunt. The walleye fishing was OK but pike seemed to rule. The staff and guides were great. The bear was skinned out properly for my bear rug. The lake by the lodge is OK fishing but the drive to lakes seemed better. The boats and motors were under powered for real fishing but worked out. It is (I forget ) about 90-100 miles of gravel road and rough for the last leg. If you pull a trailer make sure you have mudflaps. The bugs are bad, the stands are not real comfortable and the cabins are rustic but comfortable.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 12:40 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

decision ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOP23 View Post
Looking for a spring bear hunt for my son and I. Quebec is my only option as my son will only be 14yo at the time of the hunt. Anyone have any experience positive or negative with any Quebec outfitters.
Did you decide where you are going? WT has a father son package, think it is $1900

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page