Outpost - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

Outpost

Looking to take the family to Ontario next year for a outpost fishing trip. Looking eastern. Google keeps taking me west. Anyone been on one? Looking for recommendations. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 08:34 AM

What are you interested in fishing for? My experience is that part of Ontario gets the most pressure in all of Canada, and is primarily smallmouth & hammer handle pike. But if you want to drive west of North Bay, things get better. Anywhere near Kipawa should be good for walleye, lakers, small pike, and maybe bass, that's right on the Quebec/Ontario border (in Quebec). But if you just want to get away and have OK fishing, there look to be quite a few places.

https://ontarioresorts.net/near-nort...ue-sky-region/

Near North Fishing Lodges & Ontario Outdoors

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 05:21 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat1 View Post
Looking to take the family to Ontario next year for a outpost fishing trip. Looking eastern. Google keeps taking me west. Anyone been on one? Looking for recommendations. Thanks!
What does "outpost" fishing trip mean?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 12:26 PM
The Man

Quote:
Looking eastern. Google keeps taking me west.

There's a REASON that Google keeps taking you west....

demokraten saugen
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

Troutbert, A wooden framed cabin with propane appliances. Usually an outhouse. No one on the lake but you. Boat motor rustic cabin. Check out sudbury aviation. Any questions. Send me a pm.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 07:38 AM

Gogama lodge had several outpost lakes full of nice fish. Used to go there each fall for several years. Ownership changed and the flying stopped. Don't know if anyone took over those lakes. The owner of the place had a hatchery and stocked several outpost lakes.

Cranes lockhaven lodge was another favorite destination of ours. My first wife and I honeymooned there as well. Crazy good fishing with great food and super friendly staff. Lots of room to roam. "Below the rapids" was off the hook, so to speak.

IMO Manitoba has some of the best fishing to be found. The area around Wanless is a fishermans paridise. Had a guide service there in 97' and 98' with 14 lakes within a 45 min drive from the lodge/motel we leased. 100 northerns to the boat in 2hr 45 min. Lake trout, small mouth, walleye, rainbows and pike were the dominate species. As far as the fishing goes, it was the best area I have ever been to. There was no need to fly out for great fishing. That said, an outpost is a great expierence. Just be very prepared. Several times we were forced to stay an extra night due to poor flight conditions. We had a pilot clip the top of a pine tree on the way out after we were dropped off. Took 3 days to have repairs made. No radio no cell service no plane had us wondering if they forgot about us. Lol

The difference between dreamers and achievers is action.
One try is worth a thousand guesses.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip Feroce View Post
Gogama lodge had several outpost lakes full of nice fish. Used to go there each fall for several years. Ownership changed and the flying stopped. Don't know if anyone took over those lakes. The owner of the place had a hatchery and stocked several outpost lakes.

Cranes lockhaven lodge was another favorite destination of ours. My first wife and I honeymooned there as well. Crazy good fishing with great food and super friendly staff. Lots of room to roam. "Below the rapids" was off the hook, so to speak.

IMO Manitoba has some of the best fishing to be found. The area around Wanless is a fishermans paridise. Had a guide service there in 97' and 98' with 14 lakes within a 45 min drive from the lodge/motel we leased. 100 northerns to the boat in 2hr 45 min. Lake trout, small mouth, walleye, rainbows and pike were the dominate species. As far as the fishing goes, it was the best area I have ever been to. There was no need to fly out for great fishing. That said, an outpost is a great expierence. Just be very prepared. Several times we were forced to stay an extra night due to poor flight conditions. We had a pilot clip the top of a pine tree on the way out after we were dropped off. Took 3 days to have repairs made. No radio no cell service no plane had us wondering if they forgot about us. Lol
Went to cranes about 15 years ago. Had a great time. This year, quoted me a price and changed there mind. Gave me a higher price. What a shame. Told them no thanks.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 08:48 AM
The Man

Quote:
Troutbert, A wooden framed cabin with propane appliances. Usually an outhouse. No one on the lake but you. Boat motor rustic cabin. Check out sudbury aviation. Any questions. Send me a pm.
That sounds great. Thanks for the info.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbert View Post
That sounds great. Thanks for the info.
your Welcome

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page