Partner for diy in Alaska - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Partner for diy in Alaska

I'm in the planning stages for a diy moose hunt in Ak.I'm still in need of a partner for this trip to make it a reality.Even though its a diy hunt,the cost will be anywhere from $5-6,000.that cost includes everything from plane flights to hotels.licenses food ect..
I plan to use a transporter for the trip who basically flys you back into the wilderness and leaves you for a week or more.You'd need your own light weight gear;there are weight limits with these planes.
This is basically the cheapest way to have a better then average success rate to hunt Alaska.Anybody truely interested should send me a pm.This is a true adventure style hunt and anyone interested has to be in good medical and physical condition.There are no quick ways back out once your dropped off
Hoping someone else on here has the same dream of this type hunt,but has also had trouble finding a partner to do it with

yote addiction: a pack a day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 11:20 AM
The Man

Re: Partner for diy in Alaska

While I couldn't do something like that it sounds awesome. Good luck to you
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 07:37 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I would go with you if you were going in 2013. I did a DIY in Alaska last year for black bear, caribou, wolf, and wolverine. Above Kotzebue in the northwest artic. Although the caribou didn't cooperate I had a great time and the supercub was worth the price of admission. I wish you well in your search but I have South Africa this year and British Columbia next year. Here's a picture of one of the bulls shot by a hunter out of Kotzebue. Just adding fuel to your fire!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

On this hunt I did see 3 moose. Two were over 60"s. This is a draw only area so I didn't have a moose tag! If you can hold off to 2013, I would be seriously interested! Alaskan moose is definately an animal I want to take.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

From the looks of it, I'll have to wait if I want a partner.I have an African hunt on my mind too.How hard were the moose tags to draw where you went?
We have the same taste in cloths.Thats the best clothes made for hunting hands down
Send me a pm and maybe we can talk a little about your hunt and make some long range plans

yote addiction: a pack a day
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 02:15 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I was alittle spectical paying that much for clothing but after a friend talked me into getting some, I wasn't disappointed. The moose tags are pretty tough to get in that zone.(23/26). My African hunt is with Kubusi Safari's this September. I will let you know how they are if your interested. As far as a moose hunt in Alaska I would certainly be interested for 2013. A friend of mine who was stationed in Alaska was successful on a nice bull but he said it was brutal getting it out. He also went with a guy that was lazy so needless to say this made the hunt alot harder than it already was.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 11:09 AM
Banned

Location: The village of Saint Thomas, Franklin County, PA 4B, but most likely hunting in either 4A or 2C

If you are seriously thinking about an African hunt, drop me a PM. I think that you can do one cheaper than your do it yourself moose hunt, but that depends upon what your "wish" list of animals is.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Frequent Contributor

Unit 23 had left over tags last year. Low moose pop. but monsters for sure.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 02:11 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Are you sure they weren't Alaskan resident only. I hunted up there last year with We Guide Alaska (DIY drop camp for caribou). The owner Brad Saalsaa told me he had several hunters that didn't draw. Now with that said I saw three bulls, two of which were over 60"s. I would have applied for a moose tag if I knew they had extras. Shooting any of those bulls would have been a slam dunk where they were located. Getting them out now that's another story.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Frequent Contributor

You could be right. It was a buddy of mine that is a AK res. who got a left over tag.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page