Anyone been to O'Sullivan in Quebec? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Anyone been to O'Sullivan in Quebec?

I was talking to a man at an auto repair shop and I noticed he had a moose hat on that mentioned some sort of outfitter. I asked and he told me it was O'Sullivan Lake Lodge in Maniwaki Quebec. He said he fishes there every year and loves it. I said I would be interested in a moose hunt and he said he doesn't know about the hunting but he sees alot of moose fishing there. He also told me they are at the Eastern Sports & Outdoors show so I thought maybe someone here would know more about them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 04:10 PM

Re: Anyone been to O'Sullivan in Quebec?

Check your PM's

LJS 1/25/48-11/3/13
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Frequent Contributor

Almost a few times.. My family goes regularly to fish. Top notch. I was under the impression that they focus more on fishing than hunting, but I may be wrong. Apparently they get a few bear there every year when my family goes in the spring. If ancient indian doesnt answer your questions feel free to PM me and I can get you in touch with my brother in law or someone and send you some pics etc.. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 06:11 PM
The Man

Believe it or not, my buddy and I fished and hunted at O'Sullivan Lake Lodge in the spring of 1968. That was a lifetime ago.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Can anyone recommend their hunting?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 11:07 PM

yo mike what are you thinking?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 02:13 AM Thread Starter
Banned

This outfit sounds like a good operation. they have alot of repeat customers so they are making people happy. What I need to find out now is what the moose population is like there. And are there good moose there. One of the reasons I'm not interested in Newfoundland is because guys pay 3 or 4 grand and come home with a 40" bull more often than not. If there is not a good chance of running into a 50" bull it's just not worth it.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 06:20 PM

yo mike, i ate breakfast in maniwaki. went on a bear hunt the place was maybe 40 min. away from maniwaki. the outfitter thats being nice told me plenty of moose. i was going to go up and fish then he said he'ed show me around to get feel for moose hunt. i ended up going up and hunted bear too. this guy was a load of u k w, bear hunt was a 0 his food was - 0,didn't hear anyone talk of moose hunting saw deer about someware outside ottawa this guy was at ft.wash.outdoor show. selling hunts he talked a good trip. had a list of reff.(his friends)anyway a 45" would do me real nice. not to many places to hang mt. just want one that looks like a moose.you know the kind youed say thats a nice moose. quebec is shorter trip then newfoundland not as much traveling keep up the leg work your doing good...later
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Banned

So B&G you're saying you weren't in very good moose country there I gather?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 11:29 PM

mike seems to me that there wasn;t much talk about moose and outfitter never took me looking around to see any or sign of them. like up in maine moose talk always comes up and the people are always on the look out and you spot them here and there. plus moose hunting laws up there in canada limit how many a camp get. don't know all the ins and outs but limits are in force for your party. if you get in touch with o'sullivan see if the moose harvest for them is anygood size of rack and wt. most reff. list are real happy hunters. it's nice but not always true. wish newbrunswick wasn't a draw area. hard to trust the quebec outfitters i get bad feeling up there...later

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page