bad outfitter in PA!! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

bad outfitter in PA!!

Just want to give everyone a heads up of how a group of us got taken on a hog hunt this weekend at HIGH RIDGE HUNTING PRESERVE in Somerset.

here is a link from archerytalk.com explaining it: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1457496
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 06:46 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: bad outfitter in PA!!

You were royally taken for sure. Price of pork isn't up that much. Oh welcome to the site, hope you post other things with better results for you and your buddies.

Life member NRA
Life member DAV
Life member VFW
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 07:18 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I had bad experiences with that place. I never booked a hunt there, but I could tell from the tour I took it was a bad place. We went with the Wilderness in Everett, Pa. had a great time.

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

thanks guys... I do like the Forum

YEA we definately got taken by this place! just want to make sure no one else gets taken, DONT HUNT AT HIGH RIDGE HUNTING PRESERVE
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 10:56 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Hunted pigs at The Wilderness and had a great time. Andy and his family do it up right!! Sorry to hear you guys got snookered. Thanks for spreading the word.

In an age of universal lies, speaking the truth is a revolutionary act - George Orwell
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 11:08 PM
hdt
Banned

You need to repost this every so often to keep the word out about these guys. Not much worse than someone outright lying to you. Especially so he can take you for some cash.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 12:52 AM
Frequent Contributor

I went there 3 times. First 2 were ok. Last time Fred was no where around guides makin up stuff as they go. Havent been back and wont go back.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

BCB390.... FRED has never showed up even though he said he would be there for this past hunt...

We figured that guides were the ones jacking the price up so they could keep the extra for themselves so we called FRED on Sunday night after the hunt and he was aware of what we paid and just said that the price he pays had gone up so we had to pay more...

Even if his price did go up, we had a verbal agreement on the price plus there was nt a hog over 200lbs to be seen..
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 04:10 AM
Part of the Community

the price of hogs is not up that high guys a family member of mine raises the black russians and sells to the high fence operations across pa and to individuals alike at around 1.50 to 1,75 per lb est. and havent heard of no government regs on them that would raise the prices of hogs yet.had over 200 of them here last year . with fewer and fewer guys breeding russians in pa for the hunting preserves there are fewer to be bought and some preserves wont buy the hogs until the hunts are booked then they sometimes have to pay a higher price for hogs if they can even find them at certaain times of the year BUT to me a price agreement is a price agreement and sounds like you boys got a good hoseing
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 11:02 AM

I am glad I read this, High Ridge was near the top of our list of places to go for the up coming bachelor party we are planning (as mentioned in a another post). I sent a link to this thread to all of my buddies so they can read it too. Thanks for the heads up.

...but those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. -Isaiah 40:31

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page