Outfitters - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

Outfitters

I am searching for a hunt to take my Step-dad on for his 60th birthday. We intend to surprise him but haven't decided where to take him. His birthday is this year but we are good doing a 2017 hunt too. One of the states that is on the list is KY. I have come a cross a few outfitters just doing a Google search. Some of them; Snipe Creek (thought it was interesting they don't list prices and only firearm hunt), Jonathan Creek, Whitetail Crossing, et al. Any recommendations? Doesn't necessarily have to be KY that is what first came to mind.
Some details: About $2500 max, driving distance from PA (up to 10-12 hours), probably firearm/ML but no preference. Thank you

...but those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. -Isaiah 40:31
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 09:22 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Outfitters

When my father turned 60 (5 years ago), I put a down payment down on black bear hunt in New Brunswick, Canada. Your driving distance and budget fall into a black bear hunt in New Brunswick or Quebec. Have fun...What started our as our first out of state hunt together for his "big 60th" has led to multiple trips back bear hunting and a Fall 2016 moose trip to Newfoundland.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestion Mike. I thought about that as an option. He already has a black bear though so I wanted to get him something different.

...but those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. -Isaiah 40:31
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 04:13 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike76er
When my father turned 60 (5 years ago), I put a down payment down on black bear hunt in New Brunswick, Canada. Your driving distance and budget fall into a black bear hunt in New Brunswick or Quebec. Have fun...What started our as our first out of state hunt together for his "big 60th" has led to multiple trips back bear hunting and a Fall 2016 moose trip to Newfoundland.
Were only hear for a minute Mike! Work hard and play harder.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page