Southern Ohio Outfitters - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Southern Ohio Outfitters

I'm debating on booking S.O.O for a hunt in 2011....Anyone ever hunt with them? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Re: Southern Ohio Outfitters

They are located in Jackson County, Ohio. Would be looking for a early Nov bow hunt. Or possibly a early Dec shotgun hunt.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Banned

Location: The village of Saint Thomas, Franklin County, PA 4B, but most likely hunting in either 4A or 2C

Hunted with them three times. What do you want to know?
Dave Lusk and his family are top of the line. The lodge you will stay at is really nice, and they do have some really nice bucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Just making sure it's a respectable outfitter, that runs a top shelf operation....There alot of fly by nights around...
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

There's always some "luck" involved with harvesting a mature whitetail. But I'm looking for an outfit that works hard at giving you the best chance...
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Banned

Location: The village of Saint Thomas, Franklin County, PA 4B, but most likely hunting in either 4A or 2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by carb11
Just making sure it's a respectable outfitter, that runs a top shelf operation....There alot of fly by nights around...
No way is Dave Lusk a fly by night operation. We took deer every hunt we went on, and he has some really nice bucks. I will go there again, and I don't go back to substandard hunting outfits.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Thanks for all the info...

Were you hunts gun or bow?

I'm looking to book with Dave for a week Nov(really don't like warm weather hunting). any suggestions?
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Banned

I hunted the first time with Dave during the late weekend gun season. The second time was during archery season. I hunted the late season (weekend) twice more. Sorry, I miscounted. I've been out there four times.

If you are hunting in November you should have a great time. I believe their rut peaks about the same time as ours. If you will pM me with an email address I will send you the story I wrote about the hunts with Dave. I will not charge you anything for it, but of course you could just buy my second book on Amazon.com. Title is THE LUCKIEST HUNTER IS STILL ALIVE! The story, BUCKEYE STATE BUCKS, is on page 78.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 03:59 AM
Regular Visitor

I to have hunted with dave multiple times and have gotten to be pretty good friends with him as well. Monster bucks, lots of buck fever in camp, literally, and a really good friendly atmosphere. Dave has two lodges now, 4 fulltime guides, owns his own hunting tv show on direct tv, and owns and is director of his own state approved guide school, the only one on this side of the united states. Dave is at the top, and Im jealous to be honest. I'm booked for the second week in nov for next year and can't hardly wait. I'll be posting pics. I would just email him, and he will give you plenty of references. Dave is a class act

cant be the best all the time
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Thanks guys!!!! Myself and a friend booked a gun hunt for the beginning of Dec.....Really looking forward to it!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page