Help, Wyo for Mule Deer and Pronghorn - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Help, Wyo for Mule Deer and Pronghorn

Well. I have finally saved enough money and am ready to book my hunt out west. I have been dreaming of going out for three years and I will be booking for 2016. I would like to hunt in Wyoming because of the 100% draw rate and I would like to go after Mule Deer Buck and Pronghorn Buck. I would be going rifle season. Which runs the month of October.

I will be bring my varmint rig for dogs and will be buying a turkey tag in case we see a gobbler.

I have spoken with more outfitters and references than I can count and I still can not make my decision. Does anyone have some one the recommend?

The top two outfitters I have found is Blue Rock and triple three. They both have good reviews. But Triple three has the most and the best on. Next hunt and bowsite. But Blue Rock has some good ones on outfitter rating tv.com

All have decent accommodations, food and equipment. Triple three has 50,000 acres more of hunt-able land, a 5 day hunt vs most 4 day hunts and have been in business 10 years longer then blue rock. So those are notable points.

I am just trying to cover all my bases before I commit all this time and my money. I know you guys have a wealth of knowledge and experience and am hoping for any info you can share.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 10:27 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Help, Wyo for Mule Deer and Pronghorn

I am doing an elk/mule deer hunt at WFO in the Big horns. This year. It was supposed to be elk only, but after drawing our elk tags my outfitters said to put in for Mullies also, stating that if we were tug out on elk, there were huge deer in the area and to pass them would be tough.

Camp life,it don't get much better!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 10:31 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

By the way, he is just charging a kill fee for the deer which made putting in for the tag a no brainer!

Camp life,it don't get much better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2015, 05:32 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Gunjack, my recommendation would be to southfork mountain lodge & outfitters Buffolo,Wy. in 2012,we had a great experience. first you are lodged in one of thier cabins.
Loved these accomadations. Dinner & breakfast was in thier lodge, The food was very good. The outfitters treated us great. As for the hunting they have I believe 50,000 acres that they lease for hunting Mule Deer & antelope. We seen a couple hundred antelope not all bucks but just stating a total. We also seen a large Number of Mule Deer. We each killed big antelope with mine being a 15 incher My buddies was 14. The Mule deer were very nice we seen a good amount of 4x4 & 5x5 bucks each shooting a a 5x5 that is a 4x4 wth brows. My buddy shot a 4x3 with brows, his deer was actualy bigger then mine. Our guide was the best. He showed me more game then was expected. Since we were finished hunting a day early. The outfitter took us on a tour of the area to see some beatiful sites, this was something I realy enjoyed. I must say they went the extra mile for us. Wayne & Holli are the name of the outfitters.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2015, 08:32 PM

I have been out the last three years.

I talked to WFO and Triple Three and liked them both a lot. I talked to a lot of people that had greats hunt at both.

I ended up hunting with Seven J Outfitters in Wyoming. I shot a really nice mule deer there in 2012 and a 73 inch B and C antelope also. They do very well on mule deer. I hunted elk there this past season and was in the lodge with the mule deer hunters. They all killed really nice deer, one of which was big.

The antelope hunt is 100% and they get some nice ones. They are great. The owner is orginally from Red Lion, PA.

I don't think you can wrong with any of those choices.

I am going in 2016 also. Going on a fishing trip to Wyoming this September.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page