Hey outfitters, why no pricing on pages??? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Hey outfitters, why no pricing on pages???

Hey guys, been seriously pursuing a mt lion and elk hunt. I am finding a semi-common theme and personally I don't like it. Seems many outfitters(not all) no longer list pricing on their pages, they want you to "contact us" to get pricing.
My question is, WHY?! Does the price change for everyone? Maybe i'm not trusting enough but the lack of pricing turns me right off of an outfitter, like they are hiding something.
Can anyone give me thoughts on this, I'd hate to pass over a good hunt due to my own personal quirks, but I also don't need constant correspondence from 20 outfitters who are highly over priced and never would have heard from me if their prices were listed.
Just seeing if i'm alone on this

4C
Patron Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 10:36 AM
The Man

Re: Hey outfitters, why no pricing on pages???

Not in the business, but outfitters are high in salary costs, as it involves intense personal activity. A good experienced outfitter probably can't compete based solely on a price or a low price. A labor intensive business has its price to pay. One of them is not to survive just on cost.

Personally, "all the tea in China", couldn't get me into that business.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 11:26 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

When I go to an outfitters website and don't see a price list I move on to the next outfitter , I'm not gonna waste my time calling them just so they could tell me what they could have had on there website.

2015 success
3 doe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by winchester-only
When I go to an outfitters website and don't see a price list I move on to the next outfitter , I'm not gonna waste my time calling them just so they could tell me what they could have had on there website.
That is pretty much the approach I take as well. I did go so far as to call an outfitter the other day to tell him he had a broken link on his page and could be losing a lot of business and that I could send him the proper coding to fix it within seconds. His response was "oh really, ok, thanks bye" and hung up! Crossed him off my list! Nothing like trying to give free tech support and get good info only to be blown off. Noticed 4 days later, link still broken....

4C
Patron Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 12:39 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I work in the car business and the same thing applies. We tried for a while to take prices off the internet in hope's of generating more phone calls to the dealership, but in fact it worked exactly opposite.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 12:41 PM

In most cases, the prices aren't listed, because they are priced on the higher end, and figure most guys would skip past them anyway if it was posted. If they have a good reputation or you were referred to them by another client, they figure they have the chance of "selling" you on their business over the phone. Lots of guides don't update their websites regularly, which is another reason they won't post prices.

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5chunter
I work in the car business and the same thing applies. We tried for a while to take prices off the internet in hope's of generating more phone calls to the dealership, but in fact it worked exactly opposite.
When I bought my last truck, I searched for several days online. If no price was listed, I moved to the next dealership. Listing products and services with no pricing is a waste of bandwidth. Imho.

Lake Effect Beagles
Remmy/Winnie/Queenie/Nellie/Dewey/YooHoo/Shoog
V.P. Presque Isle Beagle club
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 01:11 PM
Frequent Contributor

I am trying to plan my first trip out west for a Antelope and Mule deer hunt and have found this very often. I actually gave up looking for a bit. It was just not fun. I plan on setting my sights on some options at the sportmans show this weekend and getting it book in the next few months.

The last thing I want to do is spend my hard earned cash on a trip where I feel like I have to work to have the outfitter do their job.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 02:00 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by winchester-only
I totally agree^^^^

Huntin Bucks and Crushin Ducks
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run2Catch
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5chunter
When I bought my last truck, I searched for several days online. If no price was listed, I moved to the next dealership. Listing products and services with no pricing is a waste of bandwidth. Imho.

Whether it is vehicles or hunts it drives me nuts when there is no price listed. One great point to the internet is to have INFORMATION AT YOUR FINGERTIPS. When company's don't give you all the information you are looking for you just wasted your time.

If you are a professional services business (i.e. Consultant or Doctor) or something like that it is one thing but when you are offering a clearly defined service or product then give me all the information I seek. For crying out loud if I already know I am going to buy an F150 why the heck else would I go to your website other than for prices. Same thing with a hunt.

Phew, this actually got me fired up. I just can't stand it. I'm not calling you or sending you an email request just so you can "sell" me on you and your product. If the price is right then I will call or stop by to get the whole scoop.

...but those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. -Isaiah 40:31

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page