Long Range Mountain Outfitters? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Long Range Mountain Outfitters?

In Newfoundland. Anybody ever hunt with them?

Old Muttleysgone, two of his friends and myself are booking a moose hunt with them for late Sept 2016. Any info appreciated.

loridr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 06:10 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Long Range Mountain Outfitters?

Hunted the Long Range Mountains but with West Woods Outfitters. Hope you guys do as good as we did. Locals hunt there a lot do to the road system but there are still some big bulls taken there. Good huntin'
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 06:17 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Also seen 5 bear during the week and took one the last day. The other two hunters in my group also took bears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by big28hunter
Hunted the Long Range Mountains but with West Woods Outfitters. Hope you guys do as good as we did. Locals hunt there a lot do to the road system but there are still some big bulls taken there. Good huntin'
Thanks Big. I hope the outfitter is not misrepresenting the hunt because it's fly-in only and she say's there is absolutely no road or even ATV access anywhere near them. I guess it's a moot point however cause I'm a fill in on the other fellows hunt and really don't have any input into who we are going with.

I'm definitely going either way, because it's an opportunity to travel with companions. My health has gotten to the point that I'm not comfortable getting off the grid alone anymore in case I take ill or something. Same reason, I'm hoping I can handle the terrain well enough to have a successful hunt, but if not, I'll just putts around and enjoy being in the country and hope there is one moose stupid enough to blunder into me.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 05:39 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Fly in hunts up there are the way to go. Hope you shoot a monster. Good huntin' buddy
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Thanks Big, I'm excited about it.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 03:27 PM
New Arrival

I sent a 2K deposit to Sharon Biggins of Long Range Mt. Outfitters for a hunt that is to happen in Oct. 17. I have been forced to cancel the hunt for personal reasons. Biggins eventually responded to a text message after several calls. Even though her website says no refund of deposits, she assured me she could/would sell the hunt dates that I had booked. She said she would refund my deposit. This was in mid-January. It is now mid-March and I have heard nothing from Biggins. She will not answer her phone. Her answering machine is full and I can't leave a message She will not respond to text messages. I am still hopeful Biggins is an honest person, but the first smell of a scam is starting. Jeff Coupe, Hailey, Id.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 03:35 PM
New Arrival

Hope you had better luck with Ms. Biggin - here's the link to my experience with her (it was not positive)

Last edited by gentleben; 03-24-2017 at 09:25 PM. Reason: per the new rules, NO links are permitted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page