Alaska/Montana Grizzly Bear Hunts - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Alaska/Montana Grizzly Bear Hunts

anyone know about how much $$$$ these hunts would cost...guided off course. Thanks fellas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 01:41 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Alaska/Montana Grizzly Bear Hunts

Montana would be quite pricey since they aren't legal to kill there. Alaska you are looking at the 10-15k range.

A haiku is just like a normal American poem, except it doesnt rhyme and is totally stupid.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 10:34 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

big28hunter would probably know more on this topic, I just look at Coastal Brown Bear hunts from time to time and start dreaming up ways to save 20 grand. Interior griz are a little cheaper and you can hunt them in addition to moose or caribou in some areas.

A haiku is just like a normal American poem, except it doesnt rhyme and is totally stupid.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 06:42 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I've seen them as low as $8500.00 and as high as $18000.00. If your lucky you can get in on a cancellation hunt for less than this. You also have to be careful because some outfitters will have a cheaper hunt rate and if your successful the price will double. A few years ago I could have gone for brown bear for $6500.00 but I already had another hunt booked. Another option is going on a two species hunt where you only pay a trophy fee after your first animal is taken.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 09:32 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtn10pt
big28hunter would probably know more on this topic, I just look at Coastal Brown Bear hunts from time to time and start dreaming up ways to save 20 grand. Interior griz are a little cheaper and you can hunt them in addition to moose or caribou in some areas.
already started my saving...looking at 2019 or 2020

truth be told, i will probably just spend the money on whitetail hunts and then take out a loan...

You want me to put my ear to the ground? Listen for hoof beats? Look for broken twigs?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 10:53 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishxc
anyone know about how much $$$$ these hunts would cost...guided off course. Thanks fellas.
I shot an Alaskan grizzly and a barren ground caribou in 2011. It was a combo trip north of Tok near the Yukon border. It was a 10 day backpack trip. My griz was a 7 1/2 footer. With everything involved, except taxidermy when I got home, the out the door cost at that time was $17,500.
You could add about $2,000 to that particular trip for what the price has gone up since 2011.
That cost includes the actual trip, which right now is $13,800, airline tickets, hunting license and tags, tip for the guide, a rental car and three nights stay in hotels and finally just some incidental expenses of traveling.

I'm pretty sure that Montana IS giving out like 5 grizzly tags per year, but getting one of them would not be something that you could PLAN an hunting trip around ahead of time. Good luck.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 11:22 AM

saw these folks on TV the other night, all they had on camera were GIANTS. really pricey too

http://www.cusacksalaskalodge.com/Cu...odge/Home.html

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 02:34 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunr
saw these folks on TV the other night, all they had on camera were GIANTS. really pricey too

http://www.cusacksalaskalodge.com/Cu...odge/Home.html
Those are brown bears, not grizzlies. Brown bears live closer to the ocean and salmon streams, have a far easier time getting food, grow significantly larger on average and are a lot more successful hunt on average.

Grizzlies live inland, generally not near salmon runs, don't grow as large on average and are much more difficult to harvest. I want to say that the average success rate on grizzlies in Alaska is around 10%. Brown bear success rates are much, much higher than that.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 08:46 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

You might also want to look hard at BC for a grizzly.
When spring black bear hunting 2014 we saw numerous grizzly.
Going back this year to chase one. $4K daily rate for 10days, trophy fee $10K.
I personally prefer the trophy fee in case I am not successful or do not see a bear I like.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
NRA Life
SCI Life
DSC Life

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page