Whitetail trophy hunt - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Whitetail trophy hunt

I'm looking into going on this hunt in November in Missouri. Has anyone heard of it or been on it? It's a 3 day hunt that is limited to 230 hunters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 06:30 PM
Part of the Community

Re: Whitetail trophy hunt

I hunted Missouri for a couple years while I was stationed out there and I have never heard of a limited hunt but from my experience there is some nice public land to hunt killed my biggest buck to date on public land in Missouri.

I make memories one day at a time
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 01:23 AM

I have not participated in it but know of it and know someone who I don't believe is on this site that has participated for a few years and actually helps promote it locally. If you are talking about the same thing it is a money hunt where they work with landowners who take you out. You draw for the property to hunt and money is paid to the hunters shooting the largest deer. I forget how many places they pay. Here is the local PA guys link to his facebook page who might be able to answer some questions-https://www.facebook.com/kevin.vanbuskirk.98?fref=ts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 01:25 AM

This is their website-http://www.whitetail.net/ - they do have a booth at the show in Harrisburg this week.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 01:30 AM
The Man

I have a friend that goes there deer and turkey hunting. Very good trophy hunting state if that's what your after.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 01:54 AM
Part of the Community

Bleapine I have been to the hunt 6 times and killed 1 buck and passed on several shooters waiting for the winning buck. Most of the hunters probably 75% are return hunters which speaks volumes.

The hunt is very organized and has the added bonus for the opportunity to win some cash. To max out on cash get in on the side bets/pools this sometimes doubles the payout or more. To qualify for a free hunt and prize money you have to kill in the top 20. The bottom qualifying size for the top 20 bucks changes in size from year to year. Some years a 115 Sized Buck will win you a free hunt other times it takes a 125+ to even break into the top 20. I've seen several 150+ buck killed every year.

If your looking for a hunt with the added bonus of competition for cash then this hunt might be for you.

My wife has joined me but not hunted as there are activities for spouses. The accomadations are very good.

Hope this helps.Feel free to PM me if you want more information.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 10:50 AM
Regular Visitor

I'm going this year. I'll let you know how it's goes. My family has gone a couple times. Grandfather placed 2 years ago. I leave Friday morning.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 11:47 AM

any updates?

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 09:29 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I went this year in place of someone. For a three day hunt really expensive but guess most of cost goes to prizes.
That being said saw 10-15 deer first two days and missed a 130" buck in some super thick brush. Food and resort were ok. Plentiful food not great not bad so met my requirements. Same with lodging.
I don't think I would go back though. Not really a gun Hunter first of all. Secondly alot of stand sites could have used attention in regards to both location and maintaining shooting lanes. Most stands couldn't make out deer or see them but if stand was moved 20-50 yards could see pretty much everything. With a lottery stand drawing daily and a large number of hunters some ( not a lot but enough that I heard some people including myself complaining) stands were in really bad spots such as a cow pasture, next to roads etc. Plus a lot of people smoked which I think damaged scent control of stand sites after first day, although all the sites went to were vclean
Lastly since there is not antler size minimum some people shoot anything which means killing a lot of 120" or less bucks ( including some even under 90") so decent bucks over 120" not very common. I guess it depends on your definition of trophy. If your looking for a 140" your chances are low ( maybe only 2-3 made it over 140 gross and less than would net over that)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 06:48 PM

its probably been going on for so long that the herd in certain areas has had the trophy potential shot out of it.

230 hunters X 2995.00 = $688,850.00 lots of money to be made.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page