Help - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Help

Has anyone ever done a deer hunt in South Carolina or Georgia. If you have please leave some information I'm thinking about doing one and would like some info. Thanks in advance, Dustin

Pennsylvania State University
Forest Ecosystems Management 2017
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: Help

I can tell you I've heard nothing but bad things about bostick in Carolina, if I was you I'd stay away from them.

Sab, yup thats my name...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Hunt,

Hunted with Bang's Paradise Valley in SC for hogs last summer and saw tons of deer. Folks were great and it's a full time operation. Guide spent hours pulling camera cards making sure that hogs were hitting the locations that were best for the time/wind direction that we would be hunting. Very impressed. I know you asked about deer and not hogs just wanted to let you know that they were all over while we were hog hunting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 06:30 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

There are some members here who hunt at Deerfield Plantation in South Carolina. If I remember all their reports have been positive. You may want to do a search here for "Deerfield Plantation" and contact the members who have hunted with them.

Craig

"Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes along the skyline."
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 12:42 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I've hunted Bosticks, Deerfield and a few others. SC, NC, and Georgia. Deer and feral hogs.

Sort of depends upon what you want. Most places on the eastern shore are hunting over bait; and are highly productive. You should know that. It is strictly hunting from assigned box blinds, most 10 foot off the ground with roof. You can not walk and stalk, nor pick you blind. If bait hunting is NOT for youo, then you will be disappointed.

I got a little tire of it, especially as I missed the rut in PA and NY by hunting down there. my family gruop 9 (4 kids), still go every year. Last year they got 14 deer including some nice bucks. I already got my big PA buck, so if I can connect in NY early, then I might go for the commarody.

You can hunt earlier, August, but it is hot and buggy. Figure on bugs even in November. take a thermo-cell and lots of refils ( at least on a day). All of the places are far from stores so have everything you need.

Figure $1000 to 1500 for a 3 day hunt, you will most likely shott 3-4 deer.

The best times usually book early, you should book a 6 month to a year in advance. but there are always cancellations, and 1 or 2 person party could fit in.

some of these places go to NYC, Harrisburg and Pittsburgh Sports shows; a good place to met and talk to them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page