Aggravation with a side of Cabala's rant! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By EIGHT POINT
  • 1 Post By IHMSA53393

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Aggravation with a side of Cabala's rant!

So last year I had one of my favorite buzzbaits snap off on the cast and go sailing. I respooled and checked the guides with a Q-tip(seemed good). Back out a few days later and the same thing happens with my other favorite - checked everything again(OK). I replaced the guide on the tip anyway and didn't have anymore issue's. Except I was out of my favorite buzzbaits - Cabala's had them in stock so I ran up and bought 2. I mainly used the black one the rest of last year and this year I might have tied on the white one 2-3 times. The last I used the white one was about 3 weeks ago with no issue however a few days later I tied it on again and on the cast the skirt exploded and fluttered to the water. So I stuck a swimbait on as a "trailer" and on the next cast snapped it off on the cast again - don't know if it was wrapped or what have had no issues since.

I checked on-line with Cabala's but they had none in the store so I ordered a white and a white/chart for good measure. The white one must have been their last one because it went "out of stock". Today I got the call that my order is ready for pick-up, drive up, check that all 3 items are in the box, pay for the pack of hooks I picked up and returned home(about a 60mile round trip). After I got home I opened the white one only to have the skirt fall off....I looked but sadly don't have a white skirt(many other colors just no white). So I called customer service to see if they'd send me a skirt -"I'm sorry we can't do that." She tried to say they don't sell them but I told her the girl who took my order a week ago tried get me to add some on my order, still didn't want to send me one. She will take that charge off my card so I asked you want me to send this back ? She says no that wouldn't be cost effective....so I guess I'll drive back to the store and buy a skirt for my "free" buzzbait ... So they lose a $7.99 sale because they don't want to eat the cost + shipping(maybe $3.00) to send me a replacement skirt..

“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?” Douglas Adams
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemole View Post
So last year I had one of my favorite buzzbaits snap off on the cast and go sailing. I respooled and checked the guides with a Q-tip(seemed good). Back out a few days later and the same thing happens with my other favorite - checked everything again(OK). I replaced the guide on the tip anyway and didn't have anymore issue's. Except I was out of my favorite buzzbaits - Cabala's had them in stock so I ran up and bought 2. I mainly used the black one the rest of last year and this year I might have tied on the white one 2-3 times. The last I used the white one was about 3 weeks ago with no issue however a few days later I tied it on again and on the cast the skirt exploded and fluttered to the water. So I stuck a swimbait on as a "trailer" and on the next cast snapped it off on the cast again - don't know if it was wrapped or what have had no issues since.

I checked on-line with Cabala's but they had none in the store so I ordered a white and a white/chart for good measure. The white one must have been their last one because it went "out of stock". Today I got the call that my order is ready for pick-up, drive up, check that all 3 items are in the box, pay for the pack of hooks I picked up and returned home(about a 60mile round trip). After I got home I opened the white one only to have the skirt fall off....I looked but sadly don't have a white skirt(many other colors just no white). So I called customer service to see if they'd send me a skirt -"I'm sorry we can't do that." She tried to say they don't sell them but I told her the girl who took my order a week ago tried get me to add some on my order, still didn't want to send me one. She will take that charge off my card so I asked you want me to send this back ? She says no that wouldn't be cost effective....so I guess I'll drive back to the store and buy a skirt for my "free" buzzbait ... So they lose a $7.99 sale because they don't want to eat the cost + shipping(maybe $3.00) to send me a replacement skirt..
Without getting into my own rant about Cabela's of late and when I say "of late" I'm talking the last 7 years or so....
They starting going down hill prior to being bought by Bass Pro and now they are on steep decline.....
I just try and remember the fond days when Cabela's was a true leader in the outdoors hunting and fishing world....
Now they are nothing but a glorified Walmart....
BTW, Next time get a manager on the horn with ya, you may do better getting your common sense approach across....
slingpack likes this.

LIVE TO HUNT - HUNT TO LIVE
TAKE A CHILD HUNTING AND PRESERVE THE SPORT
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 12:22 AM

Go to fishandsave.com for fishing needs. Good people to deal with and fast shipping. They have some really good prices. I watch the deals of the day and price drops every day. Bought jigging rattle spoons for ice fishing for a buck a peice where at the store they are $4 each. Poles were $2 each. Name brand braid line for $7 a spool. Every day they add new stuff.

My daughter buys Her saltwater lures there.

Over stock bait.com has a lot of spinners cheap.

Last edited by spunky; 08-20-2019 at 12:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 04:39 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

FishUSA - Great Customer Service

https://www.fishusa.com/Fishing/Lures-Bait/Spinnerbaits

I will prepare and someday my chance will come. - Abraham Lincoln

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

I do use FishUSA, haven't tried the others but will check them out. I opted for Cabala's because they had that brand buzzbaits in the store last year.... not the case this year but they had them in the "warehouse"(apparently I got the last white one) and they ship free to the store. Most other times I order on-line it is with "free shipping" over $ offers.... and it is usually a "stock-up" order.

Just found it odd that instead of "eating" the cost($3) of a skirt or 2 they would rather refund the cost of the bait($8) and allow me to keep the lure(return shipping .. not cost effective).... Sadly since they have no skirts in the store I will have to add them to a future on-line order.

“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?” Douglas Adams
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 10:05 AM

A few years back I purchased some Cabelas braided line for fluking in Raritan Bay. First trip out it started to unravel. The quality just isn't the same as it once was.

Doesn't belong in this catagory, but I also purchased a complete hunting outfit in Cabelas Wooltimate w/windshear. The salesperson assured me our Pa winters aren't severe enough to need the super heavy stuff, and windshear would enhance it.....He lied! I need so much layering that it is too tight to shoot, and ANY cool breeze goes straight through at least in the arms. Maybe the heavy weight parka would have been ok, but I think the price and quality are worlds apart, and not in a good way.......Can you say Arctic Shield?

You are not alone,icemole.

Remember.... they're full time deer......we're part time hunters!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 06:57 PM
New Arrival

I quit Cabela's years ago. I once bought their Fish Eagle II rods, made in the USA (by GLoomis I was told) and they were a really nice rod for $79.99. They moved production to China and kept the price the same while the quality went into the tank. After years of shopping heavily with them, I quit. If I buy on-line these days, it is with FishUSA only.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 07:27 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I've been buying from Cabelas for a lot of years and never ever had a problem with anything. Wonder how many millions of sales were the same. No problems.
jonsie likes this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 06:59 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

How many small business owners and Ma & Pa sporting goods are gone because we do business with the big outfits that buy from outside the US? What if Cabelas went politically correct like Wally and Dick.?

I will prepare and someday my chance will come. - Abraham Lincoln

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page