New found love for warm water and BASS FISHING - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
The Man

New found love for warm water and BASS FISHING

You guys may know I am a fly fishing and trout nut, but this year I am just not that into it. Any more my May is nothing but turkey hunting, and is all I can think about. I did go out trout fishing for a while, but it is not as exciting as it was before. I still love it, but I think I may have burned myself out a bit.

So as what I always do I find something else to obsess about. Warm water fishing. LOL for the last couple weeks I have had it on my mind. I used to be HOPELESSLY addicted to bass fishing when I was little. From like 4-12 years old. I was a nut for TNN on Saturday and Sunday mornings to watch Bill Dance, Roland Martin, Jimmy Houston, IN-Fisherman. Heck as a 90's outdoor kid that is all I would want to do if I wasn't fishing. LOL

Well I got back into it a little. Bought a cheap spinning rod from Walmart. Some gulp alive minnows, and a couple other lures.

Here are a few pics from recent couple weeks. I really like how much easier it is to take my boy fishing on a lake and such.

Some from a family fishing trip. 3 generations fishing that day.

A couple solo bass

Here is a pretty blue gill my boy caught on a wax worm.

I have since picked up a bait casting reel, and am going to get a rod in time. Im having a lot of fun just playing around. No big fish so to speak but I am just getting back into the swing of things. LOL every bass I get is a trophy and reminds me of the old days when my thumb was like sandpaper so bad that it bled. LOL

Sorry for the boring post and little fish pictures but just thought I would share.

Proud member of Gobblers Anonymous Support Group [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 07:09 PM
The Man

Re: New found love for warm water and BASS FISHING

The smile on your kid's face and the time spent together is far better than any big fish pic anyone's ever posted on here. Looks like a good time. Can't wait until I'm feeling better and I can take my son fishing.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 09:31 PM
The Man

Nice post. If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I might be able to put you on some slightly bigger bass not very far from where you were fishing. Looks like the boy had a blast.

If you're having trouble hunting for deer,
don't wish things were easier;
wish you were smarter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 05:47 PM
Part of the Community

Awesome pictures, size doesn't matter.. You are providing memories that that young man won't soon forget.... My boy has finally picked up fishing as well... Man is it a fun time together...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page